Flite Test Power Pack H

RCnewbie23

what is the best way to connect all the components together? for my first attempt I soldered the wires from a jst connector in the pack to the corresponding wires from the esc, i then soldered the wires on the other end of the esc to the wires from the motor, when i connected the battery it didn't work. what have i done wrong and what can i do to make the setup work?
c1.jpg c2.jpg

Arcfyre

Elite member
I like to solder bullet connectors on the motors and ESCs. It makes it easier to change them out if you burn one up, and it's also easier to change the motor direction if you find you need to swap two wires around.

@mrjdstewart is correct. Your ESC won't send any signals to the motor until it is plugged into a RX. This is a safety feature to prevent people from chopping fingers off with props that aren't under control.

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
You are also going to need a BEC, battery elimination circuit, your ESC doesn't have one.

Reactions: FDS

Spacefarer

Absolutely always use bullet connectors for the motor wires. Less fiddling with direct connections means less change in the lengths of the wires, and the more symmetrical the length the better. The ESC timing will get screwed up if the wires are too out of whack.

RCnewbie23

i've connected everything with a 5/12 v distribution board but its still not working. i soldered my battery connector to the board(red+ black-) and soldered the red and black wires from the esc to a 5v output on the board. i already had my motor wires soldered directly to the wires from the esc and the Rx doesnt even light up
1562083457018.png

Airkaos

i've connected everything with a 5/12 v distribution board but its still not working. i soldered my battery connector to the board(red+ black-) and soldered the red and black wires from the esc to a 5v output on the board. i already had my motor wires soldered directly to the wires from the esc and the Rx doesnt even light up
View attachment 135131
There is nothing powering the receiver. You need to connect 5v and ground to the receiver.

Airkaos

The flite test beginner series was great at explaining all of this.
I suggest you have a look at all the videos on the series, it teaches a lot of things you need to know, and it doesn’t matter what you are doing RC boats, cars, planes, quads, the basics are all the same.
I think itexplains how to do it on this video, but have a look at the whole series.

RCnewbie23

I have the red and black wires from my esc both soldered to my pdb at +/- 5v and the black and white wires into the receiver . When I connect the battery it gives a buzzing sound and the receiver doesn't power up. I'm not sure what's wrong with the connection 20190704_172155.jpg 20190704_172143.jpg 20190704_172219.jpg