Flite test simple soarer Maiden!

OlliePackman

Really chuffed with the simple soarer Maiden today. I made a couple of mods so it had flaps and ailerons and they worked super great too. I have now primered it ready for a lick of paint.

Attachments

• 1587745549821920613736640010983.jpg
    1587745549821920613736640010983.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG-20200424-WA0007.jpg
    IMG-20200424-WA0007.jpg
    386.6 KB · Views: 0

OlliePackman

Nice build! Do you have any flight footage? I'm very curious to see how a SS flies with ailerons and flaps. How heavy is it?
It's 1 pound 4 ounces or 600 grams. I don't have any footage yet but I will do when I can fly again. The flaps are surprisingly very effective actually, they really do help alot but my mechanism is already beginning to fail because I used only one servo to make the flaps work so I have quite long lengths of wire which flex quite a bit but its OK I guess. The ailerons definitly work, I'm really glad I added them but they need a lot of movement to control. I think that's because they are quite small so don't have as much effect. I haven't had a chance to use my crow brakes yet which in really proud of making work because I'm no good at that side of things with the transmitter. But yeah a good modification and a great test.

I'm gonna go ahead and plug my Instagram here for anyone to follow for more updates on this plane and my other projects :
@ollieflying - Insta

Jackson T

Elite member
It's 1 pound 4 ounces or 600 grams. I don't have any footage yet but I will do when I can fly again. The flaps are surprisingly very effective actually, they really do help alot but my mechanism is already beginning to fail because I used only one servo to make the flaps work so I have quite long lengths of wire which flex quite a bit but its OK I guess. The ailerons definitly work, I'm really glad I added them but they need a lot of movement to control. I think that's because they are quite small so don't have as much effect. I haven't had a chance to use my crow brakes yet which in really proud of making work because I'm no good at that side of things with the transmitter. But yeah a good modification and a great test.

I'm gonna go ahead and plug my Instagram here for anyone to follow for more updates on this plane and my other projects :
@ollieflying - Insta
What battery do you have in it? I'm looking forward to seeing it fly! Are you going to still post on this thread with updates? I don't have Instagram, Flite Test Forum is my version of social media :p.

OlliePackman

What battery do you have in it? I'm looking forward to seeing it fly! Are you going to still post on this thread with updates? I don't have Instagram, Flite Test Forum is my version of social media :p.
Yeah I will keep this thread updated as well. I have a 500mah 3s in it because it was really tail heavy. Even now the battery is all the way forward and is right on margin of needing to have even more weight.