Flite Test Spitfire - Ready for Maiden

DHKent

Thought I would post pictures of my just-finished "Spit". The motor does not quite fit--it's up-gunned from the usual assortment of motors: HobbyKing 1400 KV...all-up weight is 871 grams. BTW - historical fact about the Spitfire: it took about 13,000 man-hours to build one, and that was three times as much as the Germans needed to build one BF-109! The biggest problem: those lovely elliptical wings...also, the three big letters in white - those were, in order on my plane, the particular plane in the squadron (L, on mine), followed by the squadron designation (VZ on mine)…back to the motor: it'll take a 4-cell if I can figure out a way to jam it in there. Should be as screamer even with a 3-cell!

Attachments

• IMG_0504.JPG
    IMG_0504.JPG
    233.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0503.JPG
    IMG_0503.JPG
    327.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0502.JPG
    IMG_0502.JPG
    310.1 KB · Views: 0

DHKent

It's from Motion RC - "FlightLIne Spitfire Canopy" $2.99...Does not quite fit it the back, but who is going to see when it is flashing by at 60 MPH or so...

Dnedzel

It's from Motion RC - "FlightLIne Spitfire Canopy" $2.99...Does not quite fit it the back, but who is going to see when it is flashing by at 60 MPH or so...
Looks so much better than my hacked up water bottle! And that’s a great paint job!