Flite Test starts doing custom quad builds

TJ@FT

Just wanted to share out an awesome thing I'm pretty excited about. We've (Ian and myself) built a couple hundred quads for people over the last year but it is finally official and much easier to get things rolling. Entire goal is to just let people know the service is available.

Kicking off custom quad builds for $99 (plus parts)! Not to mention if you're located in the US and use coupon code SHIP99 it's free shipping as well!

If you have no idea what you are doing, or just don't have the time dedicated to learning or building, let us get you started!

If you don't know where to start and need help picking parts, click the form link in the product description to get a message right to me. I will help point you in the right direction, or even give you a full parts list for what you're wanting.

Professionally built, tuned and tested right here at FT HQ!

https://store.flitetest.com/5-inch-custom-builds-by-flite-test/

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Sounds great TJ. I am glad you and Ian are gettin on your feet with this. :applause:

I just hope you guys will be responsible in what you do and not be like DJI and sell things to just anyone with money. After seeing the last few quads you have been ripping with I would hate to see something like that end up in the hands of some irresponsible kiddiot or worse yet end up being some rich kid with zero piloting skills. We are FINALLY getting to where the race quad / freestyle aspect of "Drones" are being accepted. Just selling beast mode quads to anyone will be a HUGE step backwards I think.

In any case I wish you guys luck.

Hopefully once I learn more about using capacitors to filter back feeding power I wouldn't mind comparing your build with my Taz" build somehow. This is just a tuning run a day after it was born. 4s, no caps and not one part over 80% throttle. It doesn't look fast but that same size run on the Alien got 4 laps max in that time frame I pulled just short of 8 with the new one. Can't wait to get the power surge stuff worked out and a 5s or two to start practicing real runs.

Last edited:

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
Two things. First off, PsyBorg, the tune in that video doth rock. WTH is that?

"By far, the most frustrating part of flying quads and FPV is the building and repair process."
So if I have wasted my Alien 4" and it needs to be re-built, I can send the pile of parts to FT and you guys will assemble it for $99? Whaaaaa??

That Chameleon is tempting though... Just being able to source all those parts in one place makes the $99 worth while for a new build.

TJ@FT

Two things. First off, PsyBorg, the tune in that video doth rock. WTH is that?

"By far, the most frustrating part of flying quads and FPV is the building and repair process."
So if I have wasted my Alien 4" and it needs to be re-built, I can send the pile of parts to FT and you guys will assemble it for $99? Whaaaaa??

That Chameleon is tempting though... Just being able to source all those parts in one place makes the $99 worth while for a new build.

Pretty much. But that will be a different system that should roll live this week ;)

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
The tune is "Fight or Flight" by Ethan Meixsell. I found it in the free music section some where. I got a buncha stuff I liked and then when I make videos I just sort by time and take what ever matches closest to the time of the edit hehe. Prolly why my videos suck. I don't put no effort into them.

As far as building and repairing that is my physical therapy. It forces me to make my arms and hands work the way I tell them to. What someone else can solder in an hour can take me up to 12 if my nerves are not behaving.

I do like the chameleon frame but those chop top frames scare me as I can tumble a quad pretty hard at them batteries are wayy to close to prop level for me. Id be burning the fields down with that style frame.

Oh yeah .. I spec'd out the build I wanted with FPV gear and new radio to see what a whole new kit would be and I broke 1300 dollars. The quad itself minus the receiver that was not in stock was 546 so for a beast like that you can't argue on prices.

Last edited:

TJ@FT

That's my goal is to grow the multirotor section to the point of 'something for everyone'. Low price good quality or high price high quality. Whatever someone wants I hope to be able to build for them. And if we don't have it I want them to be able to send in what they have for us to build.

Just have to get the word out that the system is available. Also have to get the other pages built for the various size frames ;)