Solved Flite Test STEM Store not shipping or responding to any inquiry on an order after 13 days.

dahacker

I made a Flite Test STEM order 13 days ago for my son. Is the STEM store even functional and shipping items at this time? My order status still says awaiting fulfillment. I've been trying to contact them through their web form, leaving messages on their phone system, and emailing them for over a week now. Absolutely no response. Chatting with the Flight Test Store people, the Flite Test STEM store is direct with Flite Test and not integrated in with what I assume is Amain Hobbies.

Since I paid with PayPal, I was charged right away for the order. I've been very patient since I'm assuming there are COVID issues with availability of parts, but since I can't get any response from an actual person, I'm going to have to charge back the order via Paypal or my Credit card if I don't hear from them today. I'm very disappointed with their lack of response. I mean, if the store isn't running, they should shut down the order taking part of the store.

Has anyone ordered from the STEM store more recently? What has your experience been?

FL_Engineer

Elite member
I keep trying to order the Ez Pack Bundle on the stem store and it asks for a quote. When I fill out the form it says I will be contacted in 24 hrs but all I get are crickets :(

dahacker

I keep trying to order the Ez Pack Bundle on the stem store and it asks for a quote. When I fill out the form it says I will be contacted in 24 hrs but all I get are crickets :(

I'm starting to get the feeling that the STEM store is shut down, but they left it running. The whole reason we ordered from it, is my son is funding the purchase with his own money, and the power packs and other things are a bit cheaper on it. At this point, it hasn't been worth it to save $10-$20 vice the Amain run store. A good lesson for life, but annoying and unprofessional.

Aireal Anarchist

Elite member
if you need products FT doesnt carry most of us are waiting 6-9 weeks for that slow boat from china, and now all chinese import parcels must be disinfected then go thru quarantine to add more waiting. I have been doing 3 builds simultaneously now so that Im not always waiting on ONE more part, I just adapted and move to the next project till Im at a parts issue again

I ordered a foam board plane kit from them 2 weeks ago and the grandkids got it delivered within a week....So Im sure there is an issue beyond their control, these are trying times

dahacker

if you need products FT doesnt carry most of us are waiting 6-9 weeks for that slow boat from china, and now all chinese import parcels must be disinfected then go thru quarantine to add more waiting. I have been doing 3 builds simultaneously now so that Im not always waiting on ONE more part, I just adapted and move to the next project till Im at a parts issue again

I ordered a foam board plane kit from them 2 weeks ago and the grandkids got it delivered within a week....So Im sure there is an issue beyond their control, these are trying times

Actually, it isn't really that complicated. It isn't about the slow boat, it is about the communication. If the item isn't in stock, indicate that it is out of stock in the store. If you aren't able to fulfill the order after 13 days because of parts availability or store labor shortage, let the customer know and give them the option to cancel the order or wait for the slow boat.

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
I hate to say it, but 2 weeks out isn't too bad during COVID crisis. I put in an order for 2 Lemon RX receivers direct from the company. That was back in late March/Early April, and they had notices on their website stating that there may be delays due to COVID. I sent them an email Back on May 18th, inquiring on the status, and was very nicely told that they were stuck shipping out from China. The also offered me a cancellation and refund at that time, but I told them I would wait.

It's been 3 weeks since then, and I still haven't heard anything, so I sent them an email inquiring on the status. I'm not upset; they were straight up honest with me on what's going on, which I COMPLETELY get right now. Everyone's REALLY cautious about ANYTHING coming out of China because of where the virus started, but I'm thinking I may just cancel the order if I haven't heard anything more in the next week or so. I don't NEED the receivers, but I'd love to have extras for additional planes, you know?

I feel your pain, but I'm glad it only took 2 weeks for response.