FLITE TEST Taranis Splash Screen, Sound Pack, and Betaflight OSD Logo!!!

Bando FPV

Hey Flite Test enthusiasts!

For all Taranis X9D AND Q X7 fans out there that want a little Flite Test touch to their radio, you're in luck!

I created a Flite Test Splash Screen that will be shown everytime you boot up your transmitter!
IMG_7951.JPG

Here is the file for the Taranis X9D & X9D+ Splash Screen: FTX9D.bmp

Here is the file for the Taranis Q X7 & Q X7S Splash Screen: FTQX7.bmp

Before you upload the splash screen, you need to update your firmware AND SD Card to the latest release. Here are two great videos that will teach you how to do so:

Now, you can upload your new splash screen, here is a great video:

NOTE: The videos are for the Q X7 and Q X7S but the procedure is the exact same for the X9D and X9D+.
WARNING: Make sure you use the proper Splash Screen file for your model of Taranis. It will NOT work if you use the wrong one.

I also added FOUR Flite Test Sound Effects. One is the short Flite Test intro music that can be played on boot up. Another one is the famous Josh and Josh "HI!". The third one is Josh and Josh saying "Rocket Plane!" from my favorite FT episode. And the last is the old long FT introduction.

I highly recommend you to add the Amber Sound Pack to your radio (it's just way better IMO). It's not required, but if you're interested, follow this video:

NOTE: You can't use the Amber Sound Pack for languages other than English.

The instructions for where to upload to your SD card are next to each file linked.

Here are the Sound Files:

Short Intro for boot up: hello.wav (Add to your SOUNDS/en/SYSTEM folder. NOTE: you will need to REPLACE your existing hello.wav file with this new one!)

Josh and Josh Hi: FTHI.wav (Add to your SOUNDS/en folder)

Rocket Plane: FTRP.wav (Add to your SOUNDS/en folder)

Long Intro: FTIntro.wav (Add to you SOUNDS/en folder)

Here is a video of the sounds all working:

WARNING: If your radio uses a different language other than English, make sure you add it to the right folder. For example, for French use SOUNDS/fr
NOTE: I only tested the Splash Screen and Sound Effects on my Taranis X9D+. If you have any issues with the files LET ME KNOW so I can update them!

If you want a different favorite Flite Test sound file on your Taranis, feel free to let me know and I can make one for you.

I also created a Flite Test Betaflight OSD Logo that you can add to any Betafligh Flight Controller. Simply navigate to your OSD settings, select Font Manager, and upload the Custom Logo!

Here is the Flite Test Betaflight OSD Logo: BTFT.bmp

NOTE: Video of it working is lower down in the thread!

Enjoy!

UPDATE (1/19/19): Added a Flite Test Betaflight OSD Logo

Last edited:

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Nice work mate. I made my Fly Angry eyes into my splash screen and am trying to find my original warcraft cd's to extract a few wave files from it.

Love the original peon files "what is it?", "yes me lord", and "zug zug"

After that its the ballon laugh and the death nights "when my work is finished I'm coming back for you"

Bando FPV

Nice work mate. I made my Fly Angry eyes into my splash screen and am trying to find my original warcraft cd's to extract a few wave files from it.

After that its the ballon laugh and the death nights "when my work is finished I'm coming back for you"
Thanks, PsyBorg!

I would love to see a picture of your splash screen!

I found some sound files of your favorite Warcraft quotes! I can only find the "what is it?", "zug zug", and "when my work is finished I'm coming back for you" sound files. I'll post them soon!!!

Bando FPV

Done!

I made the sound file for only the "zug zug" and "when my work is finished I'm coming back for you". Those are the only ones I could find.

Here are the files:

ZugZug.wav

Back4U.wav

Enjoy! Let me know if you want more sound files!

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Awesome! Thanx for hookin a brother up.

Ill drop my splash screen here just copy the pic it should be fine.

Fly Angry eyes.png

I am trying to make that image work in betaflight osd to replace the betaflight logo in my fpv set up on the new quad build.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Nice!

I'll try to create your betaflight osd image soon.

I cant seem to get past that whole green, black, white requirement.

No matter what color I use it tells me invalid colors at pixel 1,1.

The sizing was easy to do as I just stretched the image width a touch to get the ratio then shrunk that to the size requirement.

Bando FPV

I cant seem to get past that whole green, black, white requirement.

No matter what color I use it tells me invalid colors at pixel 1,1.

The sizing was easy to do as I just stretched the image width a touch to get the ratio then shrunk that to the size requirement.
I successfully created your custom betaflight osd angry eyes image!!!

Here is the image: AngryEyes.bmp

I already tried it out and it works great. Just upload it and you should be good!

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I successfully created your custom betaflight osd angry eyes image!!!

Here is the image: AngryEyes.bmp

I already tried it out and it works great. Just upload it and you should be good!

Wow thanks alot mate. Will have that and the FT logo to swap on the radio AND now the betaflight osd angry eyes!!

For general info.. did you start with the green background then overlay the eyes or did you fill the eyes background like I was trying to make work?

Bando FPV

Wow thanks alot mate. Will have that and the FT logo to swap on the radio AND now the betaflight osd angry eyes!!

For general info.. did you start with the green background then overlay the eyes or did you fill the eyes background like I was trying to make work?
No Problem!

I first downloaded your angry eyes picture. Then, I added and centered it in the 288 by 72 canvas. I made the background white and then converted the whole image to black and white. Finally, I switched the preferences back to color and filled up the background with green.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Just watched the transformers movies again..

There is on scene in the 3rd on where they go into the hidden s7 bunker under the meat locker. Just before entering the guy says "what you are about to see is top secret. DO NOT tell my mother"

I think that would be another great start up file for a radio hehe.

Mad_Mechanic

@PsyBorg - love your idea of using Warcraft 3 sound files. I should find my disks and see about using some of the gyrocopter audio.

"I will now demonstrate the Doppler effect"

"I'd rather be flying....oh..."

"They came from...behind!"

Last edited:

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Did a quick video of my Taranis bootup with the sounds and logo.

Will debut the logo Bando did for the osd when I complete the set up video in my build series.

Thanx again Bando really appreciate the help mate.

Bando FPV

Did a quick video of my Taranis bootup with the sounds and logo.

Will debut the logo Bando did for the osd when I complete the set up video in my build series.

Thanx again Bando really appreciate the help mate.

No Problem! Glad is works!

Bando FPV

Just watched the transformers movies again..

There is on scene in the 3rd on where they go into the hidden s7 bunker under the meat locker. Just before entering the guy says "what you are about to see is top secret. DO NOT tell my mother"

I think that would be another great start up file for a radio hehe.
I created the file!

Here: Mother.wav