Flite test... why isnt it Flight Test?

eagle4

Hey guys, its been something i've wondered for a while. just wondering why its Flite Test, rather than Flight Test?

not sure if its been mentioned before, but I cant remember seeing it on any of their videos.

Dave

Gryf

My guess is that "Flight Test" was already taken and copyrighted. But again, that's just a guess!

Gryf

rcspaceflight

creator of virtual planes
...but it makes it harder to tell people about it. "I know this great site called Flight Test, but Flight is spelled wrong."

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
I'm just guessing here, but knowing how marketing minded Chad is, I'd bet it was intentional. Type in the word "flight" into google. You'd be hard pressed to find "flight test" no matter how popular it became.

But, with the word "flite" it's already associated online with RC products, through e-flite.

RoyBro

Mentor
...but it makes it harder to tell people about it. "I know this great site called Flight Test, but Flight is spelled wrong."

Don't worry about how it's spelled. If you Google flight test, Flite Test will come up as the first and third entries. At least it does for me.

demon646

rc n00b
...But, with the word "flite" it's already associated online with RC products, through e-flite.
Ahh like "chipotle" sauce and dressing at subway and Wendy's... sneeky.

Another thought... I saw some of their old slap bet Vids and flite means quarrel or dispute according to Google.

CrashRecovery

I'm a care bear...Really?
Mentor
Chad explains it in an early video. It's because flight test was taken already. He explains the whole how it got started in that video