flitefest 0hio camping

DharanFlyer

I believe I read Wednesday after 3PM but don't quote me. I believe that comes with a "lend a hand to set up" versus being out and flying. Not 100% on that though.

rcbif

I believe I read Wednesday after 3PM but don't quote me. I believe that comes with a "lend a hand to set up" versus being out and flying. Not 100% on that though.

Past few years I just showed up at 2-3 and stayed out of the volunteers way.
I offered to help with setup last year, but they only wanted helpers if you could help during the whole event. Not sure if any different this year.

BridgeInspector

Flite Test Groupie
Past few years I just showed up at 2-3 and stayed out of the volunteers way.
I offered to help with setup last year, but they only wanted helpers if you could help during the whole event. Not sure if any different this year.
I don't know who told you that, but help is always welcome. No need to be an official volunteer to help set up, but it is a great experience to do so.

In the past you could show up Wednesday after 2pm, as there will be a few volunteers there ready to help guide campers. But there is no official flying until Thursday, as there are no volunteers/staff for the flight line.

lrussi750

Rogue Pilot
Mentor
Registration for Campers opens at 2pm on Wed and It will be open till 8pm. If you arrive after 8pm Wed you will be placed in a holding area and let onto the grounds Thurs morning when the event opens.

Coersum

We've been driving since 7am this morning and sadly got stuck in Chicago for over an hour, we'll be making it to ff around 7:10pm central time, that means 8:10pm Ohio time right?

Captain Video

I am driving from columbus. I have preregistered for flight and camping. Will I still need to arrive before 8pm?