FliteFest ohio 2022

Tim Stinger

I could be blind but i didnt see anywhere for flitefest here.
First, why isnt flitefest being held at HQ already??
Second ive been going every year for a bit with my dad, i want to bring my eflight 64mm A-10. I do not really enjoy the runway at the malvern location thats been in the past. Some opinions?

Ligbaer

50 Percenter
https://www.flitefest.com/
I could be blind but i didnt see anywhere for flitefest here.
First, why isnt flitefest being held at HQ already??
Second ive been going every year for a bit with my dad, i want to bring my eflight 64mm A-10. I do not really enjoy the runway at the malvern location thats been in the past. Some opinions?
not sure why it isnt held at hq but theres more camping space at fury feild

willsonman

Builder Extraordinare
Mentor
Edgewater is NOT ready for FF. It could probably host around 200 pilots or so right now. Compare that to the average of 1500 pilots plus around 5000 spectators for FF and you see the logistical nightmare already. It's easy to be impatient but as JB has stated at the very beginning of the Edgewater endeavor, he's not going to make progress unless he's continuing to make the business model sustainable. That's some solid sense right there. Operating as a partial golf course continues to provide revenue along with the YT and FT revenue streams. The costs associated with tree removal and land development are far more expensive than you may think. I had a quote of $1400 just to grind down ONE stump at my house a few years ago. It was a big stump but creating runways is far more complex than just cutting down trees. Then develop camping sites too and RV hookups. Infrastructure just takes TIME.