Flitetest customer service is a nightmare.

BigBearJon

BigBearJon
I placed an order for a $20.00 "explorer" kit (86635) at 1am and within two hours I changed my order to the all in one "ft explorer get started package" $190.44 with a $5.00 upgrade on the power pack from "B" to " C" and the authorization to charge my Amazon account on file the increase on the charge. I received the $20.00 airplane kit and nothing else. I have sent two emails asking for an update on the upgrade to my order with no response. Finally I received an email the content "your order has been received" and nothing else. I have requested a phone number for customer service with no reply and I requested customer service call me with no reply. As of today I would not recommend a purchase from Flitetest Test to anyone!

abieex

Mentor
Time to chill a little Jon. This is with out a doubt the most reputable company on the planet. If a moderator doesn't jump on this soon I'll try to contact Flying Monkey or Dan and someone will most certainly help you with this. Welcome to the forums, we're all glad your here. I'll be watching this thread. Steve

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
Hey BigBearJon.

Welcome to the forums. :)

I am sorry you have had a poor experience. I can't speak for FliteTest but I can say I have had fine service over the years and I suspect FliteTest will work to turn this thread around. These forums are pretty good at turning problems into solutions.

Hang in there a bit and check back.

We are volunteers here and it takes a bit to get the wheels churning but I have seen mods work magic in support of customers.

cranialrectosis

Mentor
Time to chill a little Jon. This is with out a doubt the most reputable company on the planet. If a moderator doesn't jump on this soon I'll try to contact Flying Monkey or Dan and someone will most certainly help you with this. Welcome to the forums, we're all glad your here. I'll be watching this thread. Steve

Already pinged the mods. :)

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
It's usually something The Flying Monkey does, but I've pinged the amazing Jen too. We'll figure this out.

Is it possible that they did reply to your requests, but the emails got sorted into a spam folder on your end? Happens now and then.

earthsciteach

I sent a message to both Fred and Jen on facebook with a link to this post. We will help you get this worked out!

Welcome to the forums!!!

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
Hey Jon, can you PM me your email address and I'll check it as soon as I get home My end of the customer service is evenings after I get home from the day job. The Ohio office is often swamped Fridays trying to catch up for the weekend.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
Hi Jon.

I was able to find the CS tickets from the email you used to create your forum account.

The email you sent regarding the add on order was sent the 18th which was a Saturday, and most of the folks are off the weekends. Robert replied to you on Monday the 20th at 3:41pm. And it shows you viewed it at 4:12pm.

You sent another email on Wednesday the 22nd at 4:08am. Jen replied to you at 9:25am. It does not show that you viewed this email.

Please reply to Jen's email. She would like to help you figure this out.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
Also, good news. I am not seeing that you were charged for anything other than the original order.

The sales system doesn't allow for changes to existing orders. If you want to change an order, you have to cancel the first one, and create a new one with the items you want shipped.

cranialrectosis

Mentor
Hopefully, he's been on with Jen and is opening his new explorer with other parts on the way!

If so, dear OP, please post pics of the build! :)

abieex

Mentor
See Jon, this family really does care! Happy flying and stay in touch. Thanks to Balu and the Imperial Wizard of Florida, the one and only, Flying Monkey!!!

Maxstudio

Customer service has been very good with my orders. My only complaint is that on several occasions now I have ordered speed build kits and the wheels listed under the options are not the wheels used in the build video. what i got off the options was wheels unsuitable for the build. I just posted in a thread "FT Guinea Pig Build" about this and posted a "how to" reply on making foamy wheels. so check it out if you need wheels.

Now i understand completely that what is shown in a build video is not always going to be available at the time the kit becomes available, after all the build vid precedes the the Kit becoming available, maybe by months. But 1" front tires for the front of a full size Guinea pig?! That Guinea ain't gonna roll 6 inches on a tennis court in central Florida! LOL

So, if you need wheels, check out the guinea Pig build thread.

Happy Flying!

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
Hi guys.

Since this seems to be getting handled through email, and a check of the original poster's profile page shows he only created the account to post this one comment, and hasn't been back online since to see if anyone has replied suggests that he doesn't expect any continuation of conversation through this thread, I'm going to close it.