FliteTest Electrohub and Batbone

Atsflyer

I completed my ElectroHub Spider Quad tonight. Had a quick maiden just before dark. Flew great. I used the Altitude Hobbies electronics kit, flip 1.5 controller and my Futaba 6ex. The Batbones is one year old this month with close to 30 hours flight time on it. Thanks Flitetest for designing these great flying multi copters!

ElectroHub Maiden Flight.jpg ElectroHub and Batbone.jpg

Anthony

jipp

them are some nice looking birds. the smile says it all. thanks for sharing. i have a hard time seeing the bat in anything but black. maybe white.. dunno if it could pull of red tho like the electrohub. looks so cold where you guys are at.. this time of year im sorta glad im a desert rat i guess :p even tjo it has been cold today. i had to put a flannel on.. was to lazy to turn the heat on.. iv not turn the heat on in more years than i can remember now.. :p

any details on the electronics, motors, esc, control board?

chris.

Atsflyer

Hello Twitchity,

I only have about 3 batteries worth of flying on the quad so far. It seems to be very stable. Will be great for my gopro. The Tricopter, to me, has more of an airplane feel. I like that. The only downside to the quad is the very small wire ties holding the landing gears on. I haven't really landed that hard but I have already broken 6 wire ties. I like the gear on the Batbones Tri better. I have approx 30 hours on it and have only broken the tilt mechanism and not the landing gears. Overall these are really great multicopters.

Anthony

jipp

Anthony - have you thought about using the heavy duty zip tyes for landing gear. i figure thats what i would try on FT style quad i think if i was breaking off the landing gear. ( the zip tyes act as springs from the videos iv seen of them being used in action ), the square booms are perfect for keeping the zip tye flat where on a round boom i do not think that method would work so well. i could be wrong, little hotglue can keep anything in place,. lol.. it seems to work well, and the multi rotor bounces even on hard falls. .
chris.

Last edited:

Mauijoe98

I hope you can help me with my spider quad

I saw the pictures and loved your quad. I recently bought an electro-hub and built a spider quad but I have a problem. The quad wants to flip when I advance the throttle. It seems that the rear motors have more power and they want to flip it over. Can you suggest a way to fix this ?

Atsflyer

Hello Mauijoe98.

I am new to the flip 1.5 and I did not have any issues setting it up so I am afraid I can't help with your problem.

I am sure someone around the forum can help you.

Anthony

C0d3M0nk3y

Posted a thousand or more times
The quad wants to flip when I advance the throttle. It seems that the rear motors have more power and they want to flip it over. Can you suggest a way to fix this ?

You likely have the motors connected to the wrong outputs or spinning in the wrong direction. Post some photos (a new thread might be better) and someone might be able to tell.