FliteTest in Phoenix RC (Model Index)

smithhayward

Large Child
I could add a variant with your power and prop setup and tune it to fly the way yours did. The model in the sim is spinning the recommended 10x4.7 prop. That's a very different experience from an 8x6 prop. Much more power and probably a lower top speed.

It would be cool to let people select your 1380kv 3s / 8x6 prop setup and see what that's like, then switch over to the 10x4.7 prop and see how different it is before buying what they want for their real plane. Even a 9x6 which I've seen flies very nicely on the Storch, too.

Would you be interested in evaluating an approximation of your setup?

As for the elevator throw. That's easy to change. That's always something tricky to gauge because everyone sets their planes up differently. I can tone it down if you think its too crazy.

And crashes dead on? Awesome. ;)

Yes, absolutely I'll evaluate whatever you post for the Storch as it's the ONLY FT plane I've flown so far. And I DEFINITELY think the elevator needs to come down a bit. I don't have a problem trimming a little, but it was excessive on my set up.

I have the Spitfire plans cut ready to get transferred to foam. I bought a plane that I crashed on first flight and a custom biplane that also crashed and needs some adjustments to the design before the next maiden.

JohnRambozo

Posted a thousand or more times
Where you at? I might only have a little time to fly before I have to go pick up our Pizza!

Sorry you missed us. We stayed on until 10:30 eastern time, or so. We'll do it again, soon. Let me try to hone in on your Storch settings. I'll update with a link in a minute.

Update: Put this in Documents\PhoenixRC\Variants\Airplanes and let me know what you think.

FT_Storch_8x6_Prop_1380kv_Motor_3S_Battery.var

Last edited:

Blackdiamonds

I suggest any time any of us are just messing about with flying the different models that we just start an online session using Flite Test Fans as name and joshandjosh as the password. :)

JohnRambozo

I suggest any time any of us are just messing about with flying the different models that we just start an online session using Flite Test Fans as name and joshandjosh as the password. :)

Agreed. We've just been using that session name with the Password: flitetest

JohnRambozo

Baby Baron updated with Rasterize's Minty Baron paint job. Download link in the first post.

Baby_Baron_Mint.png

russj48

russj48
Thanks JohnRambozo for your efforts in building FT models for Phoenix!

I just got them loaded and they are very nice. My favorite so far is the Sportster. I have a Mini Sportster and the simulator flys very much like my plane. Included is a photo of mine.

Sportster.JPG

Last edited:

JohnRambozo

Thanks JohnRambozo for your efforts in building FT models for Phoenix!

I just got them loaded and they are very nice. My favorite so far is the Sportster. I have a Mini Sportster and the simulator flys very much like my plane. Included is a photo of mine.

View attachment 69727

That's great to hear, Russ! Nice looking plane you got there.

Rasterize

Maker of skins and decals for foam board RC planes
Mentor
My first Scheme! It works in Phoenix but how do I export it for others to use?

USA1.JPG

localfiend

I like 3D printers...
Mentor
My first Scheme! It works in Phoenix but how do I export it for others to use?

View attachment 69795

Cool. I'm not certain but I'd guess at simply zipping the entire baby baron folder. Phoenix models seemed to be fairly contained that way.

Got my copy set up last night. Gonna fly around some this evening and maybe mess with the models.

Rasterize

Maker of skins and decals for foam board RC planes
Mentor
Ohh! I get it now! Duh.
The files are so small. Do even need to zip them?

ssoaring

I understand the steps to modify an existing scheme, but how do you get the shape outlines to do a scheme for an aircraft that does not already have one like the FT Bushwacker for instance?

JohnRambozo

I understand the steps to modify an existing scheme, but how do you get the shape outlines to do a scheme for an aircraft that does not already have one like the FT Bushwacker for instance?

You need the 3D model file and the Phoenix Builder file to do that. But since you asked, I'll do the Bushwacker next!

JohnRambozo

If it's possible, I would love to see the FT VersaCopter 280- V2 -Quad

That would be cool. I haven't tried making a quad in phoenix yet but it should be good since it was originally one of the best heli sims. I'll give it a shot when I have some free time.