FliteTest in Phoenix RC (Model Index)

JohnRambozo

Posted a thousand or more times
FliteTest planes are now being added to Phoenix RC Simulator. This post will be updated regularly as more planes are created.

Phoenix RC is no longer sold. Here's a post about it with a download link (abandonware) for Phoenix RC 5.5. You will still need to buy a dongle, if you've never owned Phoenix RC.

Many additional FliteTest models for Phoenix created by @rickp are indexed here!

To install:

• Click the link below for the plane you want.
  • Unzip filename.zip to C:\Users\Richard\Documents\PhoenixRC\Downloaded\Models\User-made\Airplanes folder. (Remove the space in Mo dels if you see one. Its not there in edit view)
  • In PhoenixRC click Model > Change > Airplanes > Electric
    Optionally click Model > Change, at the top left Select Sort by: Manufacturer and you will see a Flite Test category!
  • Select the plane you want and fly!

Currently Available - Painted

Name

Version

Updated

Description

Download

FT 3D

11/22/2016

Fixed bounce on start

FT Arrow

6/8/2016

Added Rasterize Steampunk scheme

FT Bloody Wonder MkIII

5/31/2016

LEDs & Streamer

FT Bushwacker

11/22/2016

Fixed bounce on start

FT Mighty Mini DR1

11/22/2016

Red Baron and Kempf themes by Rasterize!

FT Duster

11/22/2016

Fixed bounce on start

FT Explorer 3ch (Trainer)

6/12/2016

Polyhedral wing & B Power Pack

FT Explorer 4ch (Sport)

6/12/2016

Sport wing & C Power Pack

FT Mini F-22

8/11/2016

'Merica Edition

FT Guinea Pig

6/24/2016

FT GP Scheme / Performance tweaks

FT Mini Guinea Pig

7/3/2016

FT Mini GP Scheme - Option B setup

FT Old Fogey

11/22/2016

Fixed bounce on start

FT (MESA) Alpha

01/02/2017

Feedback please. Variations coming soon.

FT (MESA) Bravo

01/02/2017

FT (MESA) Charlie

01/02/2017

FT Mig 3

03/30/2017

Russian Winter Paint

FT Mighty Mini Pietenpol

03/21/2017

Josh Bixler's Piet Paint Scheme

FT Mighty Mini SE5

11/23/2016

Paint scheme by Rasterize!

FT Sea Duck

6/1/2016

Differential Thrust and Tailspin scheme

FT Sea Otter

5/31/2016

Increased Rudder & Elevator authority at low speed (Thanks LocalFiend)

FT Sparrow

6/16/2016

Added Green Swoop Design. Toned down speed & deflection

FT Spear

10/8/2016

Blue Scheme

FT Sportster

11/22/2016

Fixed bounce on start

FT Sportster Mini

11/22/2016

Unzip Variant files to: Documents\PhoenixRC\Variants\Airplanes

FT Storch

11/22/2016

Fixed bounce on start

FT Super Bee

11/22/2016

Hopefully fixed erratic diff thrust behavior

FT Tiny Trainer 3ch

6/7/2016

Simplified scheme - updating soon

FT Tiny Trainer 4ch

6/7/2016

Simplified scheme - updating soon

FT Vector

6/6/2016

Added Swedish National Day scheme

Bloody Baron

7/11/2016

Added Baron Scheme

Baby Baron

5/23/2016

Added Rasterize Green Mint scheme

Baby Brit

5/20/2016

Added 2 Rasterize schemes

All Planes

01/02/2017

Unzip to Documents\PhoenixRC\Downloaded\Models\User-made\Airplanes\

**The models above can be "repainted" by creating a Scheme. Click here for step by step instructions.

Coming Soon

1. FT Kraken
  2. FT Bronco
  3. FT Punjet
  4. FT Mighty Mini Corsair
  5. FT Spitfire
  6. FT Viggen (2 motor options)
  7. FT VersaWing (Push and Pull config)
  8. FT Flyer
  9. FT Nutball
  10. FT Delta
  11. FT Baby Blender
  12. FT Cruiser
  13. FT Racer
  14. FT Mustang
  15. FT Old Speedster
  16. FT Mini Old Speedster
  17. FT Mini Scout
  18. FT Baby Blender v.2

Flying Sites

To install a flying site:
  • Download from the link below
  • Unzip to "Documents\PhoenixRC\Downloaded\Sites\User-made"
  • Run Phoenix RC and Select Flying Site

1. Kapper Residence v0.1 (Has collisions with Chad's house and playground set)

Images

FT 3D

ClownShackHover.jpg

FT Mini Arrow

FT_Mini_Arrow_Phoenix.jpg

Bloody Baron

FT_Bloody_Baron_FTLogo.png

Baby Baron - Mint

Baby_Baron_Mint_Phoenix.png

Baby Brit - Sopwith

19-05-2016_21-35-12.png

FT Bloody Wonder MkIII

FT_BWMkIII_VertDrag.jpg

FT Bushwacker

FTBW3.png

FT Might Mini DR1

FT_TinyTri_RBFlying.png

FT Duster (Dusty!)

FT_Duster2.png

FT Explorer Trainer - 3ch

FT_Explorer_3ch_Banking.png

FT Explorer Sport - 4ch aka BOX^3

FT_Explorer_4ch_Banking.png

FT Mini F-22

FT_Mini_F-22_Phoenix.png

FT Guinea Pig

FT_GP_InFlight1.jpg

FT Mini Guinea Pig

FT_Mini_Guinea_Pig.jpg

FT Old Fogey

FT_Old_Fogey.jpg

FT (MESA) Alpha

FT_MESA_Alpha_Flight.png

FT (MESA) Bravo

FT_MESA_Bravo_Flight.png

FT (MESA) Charlie

FT_MESA_Charlie_Flight.png

FT Mig 3

FT-Mig3a.png

FT Might Mini Pietenpol

FT_Piet3.png

FT Mighty Mini SE5

FT_Mini_SE52.png

FT Sea Duck

FT_Sea_Duck_OverWater.jpg

FT Sea Otter

FT_Sea_Otter_InSim3.jpg

FT Mini Sparrow

FT_Mini_Sparrow.jpg

FT Spear

FT_Spear_2.png

FT Sportster

07-05-2016_15-30-14.jpg

FT Storch

FT_Storch_LuftWaffleBB_InFlight.jpg

FT Super Bee

FT_SuperBee2.png

FT Tiny Trainer 3ch

FT_Tiny_Trainer_3ch.png

FT Tiny Trainer 4ch

FT_Tiny_Trainer_4ch.png

FT Mini Vector

FT_Mini_Vector_SU47.jpg

Last edited:

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Very excited about these!

Are they downloadable through the Phoenix interface, or are they separate package files to install?

Thanks!

JohnRambozo

Very excited about these!

Are they downloadable through the Phoenix interface, or are they separate package files to install?

Thanks!

Right now you have to download the file from the link in the first post and follow the instructions at the top of the post. Once they have been tested for a while and I have at least one paint scheme I will submit them for publishing in Phoenix. My best guess is its taking about 6 weeks or so from the publish date before they're available for download.

Let me know how you like the plane. Your feedback is important. :)

I set the Bloody Wonder MkIII on really high rates because that's how I fly. The easiest way to tone it down is to go to Model Edit in Phoenix, go to Simple mode and turn the % down a lot.

If you're not familiar with the Detailed Edit mode, I can point you in the direction of some settings there, too.

Last edited:

JohnRambozo

FT Sportster including Mini Sportster Variant are ready for testing! Link in first post.

Reply with constructive criticism, please. I want to really capture the unique feel of each plane.

Last edited:

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
These are going to be so awesome. Honored that you started with the MkIII. I will have to try these out soon. I watched the videos and they look like the fly pretty decent in the sim. Can the real Sportster hover like that?

Would you consider adding the Bloody Baron at some point? Same fuselage as the MkIII so it would already be partially modeled. ;)

Thanks for sharing this with the community!

DrDiff

I was the one who requested the Sportster. I figured it is better to learn them in Phoenix rather than crash them in reality.

My Mini Sportster that inspired the sim...

20160403_185549_zps0wmvbfie.jpg

20160406_155936_zpsyqgfomwn.jpg

JohnRambozo

These are going to be so awesome. Honored that you started with the MkIII. I will have to try these out soon. I watched the videos and they look like the fly pretty decent in the sim. Can the real Sportster hover like that?

Would you consider adding the Bloody Baron at some point? Same fuselage as the MkIII so it would already be partially modeled. ;)

Thanks for sharing this with the community!

I'm really happy to see people are interested. And the MkIII is, dare I say, an icon in the community. It flies like nothing else.

I did the hovering with the Sportster in the demo video specifically because they do it in the FT video. Peter hovers over a pylon in the race. But they say its hard to hold it with the short rudder throws. That's what I wanted to test. And it was equally difficult in the sim with low deflection.

And yes, of course, I will definitely add the Bloody Baron and include a Baby Baron variant. I'll put it on the list! :)

JohnRambozo

I was the one who requested the Sportster. I figured it is better to learn them in Phoenix rather than crash them in reality.

My Mini Sportster that inspired the sim...

Hey DrDiff! Thanks for the request. That's a great looking plane. I wouldn't want to crash it either. When I finally do the paint schemes, I'll be sure to make one that looks like yours.

Like I said on the facebook group. I really need your feedback on this one. I have no experience flying it, so your input is going to be crucial.

Is it under/over powered? (can you fly unlimited vertical?)
Does the speed feel realistic? Too fast or to slow?
Does the nose drop a bit at center elevator or fly level?
Does it stall at the right speed and recover about as expected?

DrDiff

I tried the full variant of the speedster. It seemed good but a touch hot. I am having problems getting the mini variant to load in Phoenix. I will download the FT 3D next.

DrDiff

The mini variant flies about perfect. However for some reason at random points the model disappears and appears as if it shoots off the screen and crashes. I love the way it flies other than that. I have to say it is 98% perfect

smithhayward

Large Child
I've got a decent amount of time on an FT Storch so when you're ready with that one I'll be sure to load it and provide tons of feedback.

I'm actually in the deciding stages on whether to rebuild my Storch (wing came off at 50') or try the FT Spitfire. Either way I'm going to over power them with a Power 480 motor - I felt like my Storch was underpowered with the 8x6 on 1380kv on 3s that I had in it before.

I'll try to load these others ASAP, but I won't be able to provide feedback on those because I've never flown one in reality.

JohnRambozo

The mini variant flies about perfect. However for some reason at random points the model disappears and appears as if it shoots off the screen and crashes. I love the way it flies other than that. I have to say it is 98% perfect

Thanks for taking the time to call and discuss the flight characteristics. With your feedback I have updated the Sportster and Mini Sportster variants.

If you don't have the 2.0 versions, get them now. The mini should no longer explode at full throttle.

JohnRambozo

I've got a decent amount of time on an FT Storch so when you're ready with that one I'll be sure to load it and provide tons of feedback.

I'm actually in the deciding stages on whether to rebuild my Storch (wing came off at 50') or try the FT Spitfire. Either way I'm going to over power them with a Power 480 motor - I felt like my Storch was underpowered with the 8x6 on 1380kv on 3s that I had in it before.

I'll try to load these others ASAP, but I won't be able to provide feedback on those because I've never flown one in reality.

I look forward to your input on the Storch. I'm working through them in the order they're listed (which is the order they were requested). Storch is 3rd in line now.

If you like a wide flight envelope and aerobatic sport flying, go with the Spitfire. Its so much fun going fast or moderately slow.

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Keep up the great work. How about adding the Bushwacker to the list. Flew mine tonight for the first time in over 6 months. It's a really fun plane to fly.

JohnRambozo

Keep up the great work. How about adding the Bushwacker to the list. Flew mine tonight for the first time in over 6 months. It's a really fun plane to fly.

Thanks! I'm having a blast making these. And consider it done!

smithhayward

Large Child
Hey John! Would you maybe be able to do a screencast (recorded) of the process you go through to create one of these from scratch? I kinda wanted to mess around with this when designing planes to see what I could get to fly and what I couldn't, but I have no idea where to start. Or if you can't, maybe point me to where you learned...

I'm already good at the modeling portion, I primarily use Blender but could probably learn another if necessary.

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
You should consider making a how-to article for this too. I wouldn't mine talking a shot at this with my own designs in the future.

Also, the nnMig3 by nerdnic is going to be a FT Community release eventually, you might want to consider adding that one too. With both the basic wing and speedwing variant that can do 120 mph! :p

notreallyme

ok am i the only one having issues getting them to show up in phoenix? i followed your instructions the folders show up where i extracted them but when i click model change there is no testing from "In PhoenixRC click Model > Change > Testing > Airplanes > Electric"