FliteTest in Phoenix RC (Model Index)

JohnRambozo

Posted a thousand or more times
ok am i the only one having issues getting them to show up in phoenix? i followed your instructions the folders show up where i extracted them but when i click model change there is no testing from "In PhoenixRC click Model > Change > Testing > Airplanes > Electric"

Are you putting them in the PhoenixRC folder or PheonixBuilder? They have to go in PheonixBuilder for now, until they are approved for publishing in Phoenix.

JohnRambozo

Hey John! Would you maybe be able to do a screencast (recorded) of the process you go through to create one of these from scratch? I kinda wanted to mess around with this when designing planes to see what I could get to fly and what I couldn't, but I have no idea where to start. Or if you can't, maybe point me to where you learned...

I'm already good at the modeling portion, I primarily use Blender but could probably learn another if necessary.

Lucky for you I'm using Blender, too. I'm going to do a how to video this weekend and try to get an article going.

You should consider making a how-to article for this too. I wouldn't mine talking a shot at this with my own designs in the future.

Also, the nnMig3 by nerdnic is going to be a FT Community release eventually, you might want to consider adding that one too. With both the basic wing and speedwing variant that can do 120 mph! :p

I'd love to share my knowledge. I'm cranking them out pretty fast and am working with another community member from the facebook group to get them painted. I don't know if he's a forum member or I'd shout him out here.

The nnMig3 is such a beautiful plane. I'd be honored to model that one.

JohnRambozo

Very cool! I haven't flown a real wing before, and was thinking about building that one. Now I can try it virtually and see if it's something I'd like! :)

I think I got it pretty dialed in. As always, feedback is appreciate so we can fully capture the experience.

ClownShack

so, everybody that has requested a model: if you have a real version of it with a color/paint scheme - please post pictures of it here. They will serve as inspiration for the skin (obviously plain white will not work for my purposes, and I will come up with my own scheme at that point). As for the photos, try to get them at clean 90 degree angles of all sides for my reference. I have already started on the Sportster skin based on the pictures of it in this thread :) Looking forward to see what you all have!!

JohnRambozo

Man you are really cranking them out!

I'm having too much fun indulging my obsession with FT planes. :)

What do you think are the chances of getting some of the FT guys to evaluate how these fly and possibly calling these endorsed by Flite Test once they meet their standards?

I added the FPV antenna:

FT_Mini_ArrowFPV.png

JohnRambozo

so, everybody that has requested a model: if you have a real version of it with a color/paint scheme - please post pictures of it here. They will serve as inspiration for the skin (obviously plain white will not work for my purposes, and I will come up with my own scheme at that point). As for the photos, try to get them at clean 90 degree angles of all sides for my reference. I have already started on the Sportster skin based on the pictures of it in this thread :) Looking forward to see what you all have!!

We should make a rule. You can only request a plane if you have a real one with a cool paint job. Just kidding!

Ruaidhrí

Just hit on this thread -WOW!! Thank you so much for taking the time. My 4 grandkids will be well chuffed - as am I :)

Oddly, when I downloaded the FT 3D and followed your instructions (to the letter) everything worked perfectly first time LOL.

Regards from a 68 yr old Dubliner back in RC after a ton of years.

JohnRambozo

Just hit on this thread -WOW!! Thank you so much for taking the time. My 4 grandkids will be well chuffed - as am I :)

Oddly, when I downloaded the FT 3D and followed your instructions (to the letter) everything worked perfectly first time LOL.

Regards from a 68 yr old Dubliner back in RC after a ton of years.

You're very welcome, Ruaidhri! Welcome back to the hobby. I hope you and the grandkids have a ton of fun. More planes to come. Feel free to make a request, as well. (Focusing on Flite Test designs only at this time)

notreallyme

Are you putting them in the PhoenixRC folder or PheonixBuilder? They have to go in PheonixBuilder for now, until they are approved for publishing in Phoenix.

yes i am putting them in builder, if i start a new model and open your model where i extracted them then save and export it shows but so far has no power lol, not sure why it is not working for me.

I'll try with my older computer tonight and see if works any better.

JohnRambozo

yes i am putting them in builder, if i start a new model and open your model where i extracted them then save and export it shows but so far has no power lol, not sure why it is not working for me.

I'll try with my older computer tonight and see if works any better.

What version of Phoenix are you using? And if you check the first post, I updated the install instructions to a better place.

JohnRambozo

I'm having trouble simulating the flight characteristics of the Sparrow. Can someone with Phoenix that has flown the Sparrow help out with this, please? Thanks in advance!

FT_Mini_Sparrow.png

JohnRambozo

I got some feedback from Jaleel on the facebook group. The Sparrow is now available for testing, with ailerons!

Please provide more feedback so we can dial this one in.

First post updated with download link.

Last edited: