FliteTest in Phoenix RC (Model Index)

JohnRambozo

Posted a thousand or more times
Dr.Diff's striking and highly visible design is now the standard model for the FT Sportster and Mini Sportster! ClownShack did an awesome job and even added a Flite Test logo to the fuselage.

You really have to fly it to appreciate it.

07-05-2016_15-30-14.jpg

Last edited:

jk6stringer

FF16 Here I come!
I just found this thread as well, and I must say this is AWESOME! Great job. I found a FT22 Raptor somewhere that I added to Phoenix and it was so cool to fly it around, I also added all the FT models to RC Desk Pilot, and while cool, the sim is just no where near Phoenix. So once again Thank you!

Maybe if the AMA has a flight sim center again this year at Flight Fest we could have these models loaded as favorites or something to help bring the new folks into the FT community? Wouldn't that be cool? to see all the builds in the build tent and then experience them for rear without the stress?

jk6stringer

FF16 Here I come!
Does the FT 3D show up in a different category than the others? I have them all loaded in, but FT 3D does not seem to be in the menu...

JohnRambozo

I just found this thread as well, and I must say this is AWESOME! Great job. I found a FT22 Raptor somewhere that I added to Phoenix and it was so cool to fly it around, I also added all the FT models to RC Desk Pilot, and while cool, the sim is just no where near Phoenix. So once again Thank you!

Maybe if the AMA has a flight sim center again this year at Flight Fest we could have these models loaded as favorites or something to help bring the new folks into the FT community? Wouldn't that be cool? to see all the builds in the build tent and then experience them for rear without the stress?

You're welcome. I'm just glad to see people enjoying it! I also think we should do a tuning session in Phoenix Multiplayer. I'll host a passworded flying site where everyone can meet up tonight. I'll name it Flite Test Fans and make the password "flitetest" and will start it at 10pm Eastern time.

I love the idea of having these at Flite Fest. How cool would it be to get an idea of what you want to build by trying them first? Try the planes, find one you can fly well, then go buy the kit and build it, then fly it for real. How do we make that happen?

notreallyme

What version of Phoenix are you using? And if you check the first post, I updated the install instructions to a better place.

I am using phoenix 5.5, i tried on my old computer and they show up but they don't on my new computer, not sure why. When i figure it out i will be adding all the planes as they are finished. Thanks for taking your time to make them.

jk6stringer

FF16 Here I come!
Bummer that I missed the 10:00pm flight session! I was actually online flying Pheonix at that very time...

So strange about the FT 3D As you can see I have the folders in the right location, it just does not show up. Bummer as Im just about to build an FT 3D, having it in the sim would be fantastic. FT_3D missing.PNG

ClownShack

Bummer that I missed the 10:00pm flight session! I was actually online flying Pheonix at that very time...

So strange about the FT 3D As you can see I have the folders in the right location, it just does not show up. Bummer as Im just about to build an FT 3D, having it in the sim would be fantastic. View attachment 68927

just to double check - its not in your "Test" folder? ... also - the skinned version of the FT3D will be available soon. Just finishing up some of the details before we start the export process for it again.

jk6stringer

FF16 Here I come!
No, its in the same folder as the others. I tried to take that screen shot showing it, really showing everything that I could incase some one spots something.

Hey do you know how to add the lights? FT models are great night fliers!

JohnRambozo

So strange about the FT 3D As you can see I have the folders in the right location, it just does not show up. Bummer as Im just about to build an FT 3D, having it in the sim would be fantastic. View attachment 68927

Hey stringer. I'd suggest making sure you don't have a straggler in your Variant folder. (Documents\PhoenixRC\Variants) You need to delete those or it keeps the variant and won't allow the new plane to display. If the variant was created in training view, it definitely won't show. So make sure you've deleted the FT_3D folder from the Test folder and all FT_3D Variants.

Good luck. Let me know if you're still having trouble.

JohnRambozo

No, its in the same folder as the others. I tried to take that screen shot showing it, really showing everything that I could incase some one spots something.

Hey do you know how to add the lights? FT models are great night fliers!

I can figure out lights... Is there a night session in the sim?

DrDiff

My Tiny Trainer.

20160105_180815_zpsewtn4jvr.jpg

The tiny Trainer comes with two noses and two wings. Mine has the powered nose and the 4 ch wing

Garret234

I just downloaded the sparrow and the arrow.... They don't quite fly like the ones I have. The arrow is my all-time favorite wing to fly and my dad loves it too. the one on the simulator pinches up pretty badly when under a heavy throttle setting and it doesn't glide very good. I love the fact I can fly ft planes on my sim now, Thanks a bunch JohnRambozo!

Also is there going to be another BW combat to night?

JohnRambozo

I just downloaded the sparrow and the arrow.... They don't quite fly like the ones I have. The arrow is my all-time favorite wing to fly and my dad loves it too. the one on the simulator pinches up pretty badly when under a heavy throttle setting and it doesn't glide very good. I love the fact I can fly ft planes on my sim now, Thanks a bunch JohnRambozo!

Also is there going to be another BW combat to night?

That's good feedback, Garret. I'll work on that. Might just be a CG and/or trim issue on the Arrow.

What about the Sparrow is different from the real one?