FliteTest in Phoenix RC (Model Index)

BradDH

Has anyone made the edge 540 for phoenix? I'm looking to try some 3d on that before I try it on my newly built edge.

FL_Engineer

Elite member
Has anyone made the edge 540 for phoenix? I'm looking to try some 3d on that before I try it on my newly built edge.
Although there are a bunch of models available on rcgroups.com, I'd be interested in any additional models as well (I don't believe the Edge is available). I'm also looking for the baby blender and previously mentioned P40. Can't get realflight to recognize my controller and I'm too cheap to by the interlink controller so Phoenix scratches the itch.

rickp

Oops - my bad - I've been neglecting building new FT Phoenix models for no good reason.
Have the Edge 540, Baby Blender and P-40 in the queue and will try to get to them sooner rather than later.

With respect to the Edge 540, you might try the existing Extreme Flight Edge 540 at the following link.
Just scale it to the size and weight of the FliteTest version and give it a go.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=32721973&postcount=104

And for the P-40, here's one you can try while you wait for slow Rick to catch up.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=35855823&postcount=634

I'm really liking the looks of the Baby Blender, so it will pop out first.

Cheers, rick

Last edited:

FL_Engineer

Elite member
Oops - my bad - I've been neglecting building new FT Phoenix models for no good reason.
Have the Edge 540, Baby Blender and P-40 in the queue and will try to get to them sooner rather than later.

With respect to the Edge 540, you might try the existing Extreme Flight Edge 540 at the following link.
Just scale it to the size and weight of the FliteTest version and give it a go.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=32721973&postcount=104

And for the P-40, here's one you can try while you wait for slow Rick to catch up.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=35855823&postcount=634

I'm really liking the looks of the Baby Blender, so it will pop out first.

Cheers, rick
I've been flying your P-40 and it's quite good. I do find the FT models more my speed though. Thanks for doing the Timber X, I've gotten tons of flight time without the danger of trashing my model 🛩️💥

rickp

I've been flying your P-40 and it's quite good. I do find the FT models more my speed though. Thanks for doing the Timber X, I've gotten tons of flight time without the danger of trashing my model 🛩️💥

You're most welcome - I fly the Phoenix versions of my planes when I can't get out or the WX is bad. Cheers, rick

FL_Engineer

Elite member
Flew the Baby blender last night and it has an awesome roll rate. I did notice there seems to be a rendering issue with the bottom of the fuse (its transparent in flight) but doesn't impact flight characteristics.

rickp

Flew the Baby blender last night and it has an awesome roll rate. I did notice there seems to be a rendering issue with the bottom of the fuse (its transparent in flight) but doesn't impact flight characteristics.

Not a rendering issue, as I didn't add a bottom to the fuselage as didn't think the Baby Blender had one.
I may have overlooked it, but I didn't see a fuselage bottom in either the plans or the build video.
But let me know if it should have one and I'll add it.

Cheers, rick

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
so who is going to build the new STEM EZ-pack planes? would love to be able to have kids on sim before first flight.

huge thanks to anyone who can. (y)

me :cool:

rickp

Do you mean the Alpha, Bravo and Charlie, or something different?

Update - I see the thread now. Will build Phoenix models when plans are available.
Please let me know if you see plans, as I don't follow FT forums too well.

Thanks, Rick

cochise99

I have downloaded the Phoenix Sim and the updates to Ver6.....for my Win 10 computer.............I thought I had it made with my SPECKTRUM DX5e transmitter and SPMWS2000 dongle.......wrong.......It seems I must have the USB plug in order to use the Sim. I searched Amazon and other places but can't seem to locate one sold in the USA. Has anyone found one??

rickp

I have downloaded the Phoenix Sim and the updates to Ver6.....for my Win 10 computer.............I thought I had it made with my SPECKTRUM DX5e transmitter and SPMWS2000 dongle.......wrong.......It seems I must have the USB plug in order to use the Sim. I searched Amazon and other places but can't seem to locate one sold in the USA. Has anyone found one??

Check some of the RCG Simulator threads here.

And you might want to roll back to Phoenix v5.5.l as it's more stable.

And a question for you - what model are you holding in your avatar picture? Looks interesting. Cheers, rick

cochise99

Check some of the RCG Simulator threads here.

And you might want to roll back to Phoenix v5.5.l as it's more stable.

And a question for you - what model are you holding in your avatar picture? Looks interesting. Cheers, rick
Thanks Rick. I will check out the info.

The model is the original prototype Leisure Electronics Cabin Playboy built by my dear friend Dale Black. I flew the model in the Electric Class in SAM events for almost 7 years. It was unbeatable.

rickp

Thanks Rick. I will check out the info.

The model is the original prototype Leisure Electronics Cabin Playboy built by my dear friend Dale Black. I flew the model in the Electric Class in SAM events for almost 7 years. It was unbeatable.

Just downloaded the Playboy Leisure plan from Outerzone and will be building a Phoenix model of it. Can't resist those old timers.
Come join us on this RCG thread when you get your Phoenix sorted. We have over 300 custom models for free download.

Cheers, rick

cochise99

Just downloaded the Playboy Leisure plan from Outerzone and will be building a Phoenix model of it. Can't resist those old timers.
Come join us on this RCG thread when you get your Phoenix sorted. We have over 300 custom models for free download.

Cheers, rick
Thank you Rick. I certainly will be joining your thread and group.

I flew in SAM competition for nearly ten years in the 1980's. I hardly ever missed a meet on the West Coast, NV and AZ. I was president of SAM 49 in SO Cal for a few years. I was president of the first AMA recognized Special Interest Group for Electric Power in the early 1980's called SEAM. If you look in the dictionary under "obsessive compulsive" you should see my photo. My van or station wagon was filled with Old Timers at every event I attended. I miss those days, my friends & flying in competition very much.
TWO PLAYBOYS20190427_23264904.jpg
UNKNOWN 4 STROKE TEXACO.jpg

BradDH

You need a specific cable that the sim will recognize... thats just something that phoenix had for extra security. If this will connect to your controller, then it should work.
https://www.amazon.ca/Flight-Simulator-Phoenix-Aerofly-Racing/dp/B06X95JFJX