FliteTest in Phoenix RC (Model Index)

rickp

Thank you Rick. I certainly will be joining your thread and group.

I flew in SAM competition for nearly ten years in the 1980's. I hardly ever missed a meet on the West Coast, NV and AZ. I was president of SAM 49 in SO Cal for a few years. I was president of the first AMA recognized Special Interest Group for Electric Power in the early 1980's called SEAM. If you look in the dictionary under "obsessive compulsive" you should see my photo. My van or station wagon was filled with Old Timers at every event I attended. I miss those days, my friends & flying in competition very much.
View attachment 174459 View attachment 174460
Great pictures - I'll most likely ask you for some additional help when it comes time to build the Phoenix model.

Cheers, rick

shaike

Mini Scout Phoenix Model

Here's the 3 channel Mini Scout requested by buzzbomb.
Painted like the 4 channel Simple Scout of post #385, it flies similarly though rolls are limited by its 3 channel nature.
Referencing the two short videos below, you'll see the difference between the 3 ch Mini Scout and 4 ch Simple Scout.

Enjoy! rick
Hi Rick,

Sorry for a late newbie question. But it looks like the files attached here are still for the simple scout 4ch, and not the 3ch mini scout. I never installed any model before so it is not a matter of deleting the old one.
Thanks for your great contributions!

shai

rickp

Hi Rick,

Sorry for a late newbie question. But it looks like the files attached here are still for the simple scout 4ch, and not the 3ch mini scout. I never installed any model before so it is not a matter of deleting the old one.
Thanks for your great contributions!

shai

Good catch, shai, as it looks like you're absolutely right!

Unzip and install the attached file and you should find "Flite Test Mini-Scout" in the electric list.
Installation instructions are here.

Thanks for bringing that to my attention, and enjoy the model. Cheers, rick

ps: I've updated the original post with the correct file as well

Attachments

• FT Mini Scout.zip
    5.2 MB · Views: 0

shaike

Good catch, shai, as it looks like you're absolutely right!

Unzip and install the attached file and you should find "Flite Test Mini-Scout" in the electric list.
Installation instructions are here.

Thanks for bringing that to my attention, and enjoy the model. Cheers, rick

ps: I've updated the original post with the correct file as well
YES! Many thanks!
Works like a charm!!

cochise99

I would think so, as I transitioned from Win7 to Win10 without issue.
THANKS RICK. I just transformed my Win 7 desktop to Win 10 before I found the Phoenix posts.........My cable has been ordered and now I wait.............IMPATIENTLY...

BTW. You may already know this but If you want to find almost every "SAM" plane ever drawn..........like the Playboy........Lanzo Bomber etc..........Google AeroFred he has 23,000 free plans.........

Matthewdupreez

Legendary member
hi guys I'm using a Mac book...... any ideas of a flight sim for it??
and can I use an old real flight simulator controller for it?

cochise99

I would think so, as I transitioned from Win7 to Win10 without issue.
I received the "all in one simulator" that you suggested and plugged the dongle in. It flashed a white light. Great I thought......then I got called away..my 8 yo grandson wanted to fly my other sim on that computer......he turned it on and noted the white light...He pushed the button on the top until the light went out.......... that seems to have destroyed the dongle as no matter what I do, it will not flash again and the software does not recognize the transmitter which an DX4e. That transmitter is listed in the compatible listing........... I uninstalled the program and reinstalled to no avail.
I guess I have no option but to purchase another dongle.
I do not see any mention in the instruction manual as to how to bind my radio. Could you please reference that part of the manual to me. I would appreciate the help.

Last edited:

Pieterken

Hi all,

never mind, i was using the 5.5k version, after upgrading it worked flawless. Great!

I've downloaded the flitetest simple scout pkg file, installed it & got & installation OK message, however the plane is not showing up in PhoenixRC. Any ideas how that could happen? Is there a way to check if the installation was indeed correct?

(also the path mentioned in the first post, it does not need to be Richard right?)

Last edited:

rickp

Hi all,

never mind, i was using the 5.5k version, after upgrading it worked flawless. Great!

I've downloaded the flitetest simple scout pkg file, installed it & got & installation OK message, however the plane is not showing up in PhoenixRC. Any ideas how that could happen? Is there a way to check if the installation was indeed correct?

(also the path mentioned in the first post, it does not need to be Richard right?)

Excellent - I was about to suggest that you update to v5.5.l, but you beat me to it. Cheers, rick

Stretch79

Hi all,

Have just signed up to this forum after seeing this discussion on google.

I have been through most pages and there's a lot of info lol

I bought the WS2000 dongle thinking it would work with Phoenix but it doesn't and realflight does not have a demo I can try, tried the AccuRC demo and that's a ball ache to me, maybe my inexperience.

So have seen that I can buy a knock off dongle to function with Phoenix.

Now would I still be able to use my DX6 wirelessly with the Phoenix set up? Want to fly my Blade 200srx

Thank you for the advice.

rickp

I use a DX6i and DX9 wirelessly with Phoenix, so you should have a good chance of success.

When you get it set up, take a look here for more than 300 free custom models.

Cheers, rick

Stretch79

Hi Rick,

Thanks for the reply.

If you are using the them two dx’s I’m assuming you have the dongle along with the ws2000 for example?

Thanks for the link