FliteTest in RealFlight 7.5 (Model Index)

JohnRambozo

Posted a thousand or more times
A huge thank you goes to AlternativeRC for stepping up to the plate with the required (outdated) software and skill to make it happen. He will be working his way through the existing FliteTest models I created for Phoenix RC and converting them for RealFlight 7.5. The wait is over, people!

FliteTest planes are now (FINALLY!) being ported to RealFlight 7.5. This post will be updated regularly as more planes are converted.

To install:

• Click the link below for the plane you want.
  • Save the RFX file in a location you'll be able to find it.
  • In RealFlight click Simulation > Import > RealFlight Archive (RFX, G3X)...
  • Locate the RFX file you saved.
  • Click Open and fly!

Currently Available

Name
Version
Updated
Description
Download
FT DR-11.001/04/2017The Tiny Triplane!
FT Duster1.001/04/2017Dusty!
FT Arrow1.012/26/2016Debut model conversion by AlternativeRC for RF 7.5!
FT MESA ALPHA1.001/24/2017Waterproof Foamboard Skin
FT MESA BRAVO1.001/24/2017Waterproof Foamboard Skin
FT MESA CHARLIE1.002/22/2017Waterproof Foamboard Skin
FT MESA ALPHA w/ BRAVO Wings1.002/22/2017Waterproof Foamboard Skin
FT MESA ALPHA w/ CHARLIE Wings1.002/22/2017Waterproof Foamboard Skin
FT MESA BRAVO w/ ALPHA Wings1.002/22/2017Waterproof Foamboard Skin
FT MESA BRAVO w/ CHARLIE Wings1.002/22/2017Waterproof Foamboard Skin
FT MESA CHARLIE w/ ALPHA Wings1.002/22/2017Waterproof Foamboard Skin
FT MESA CHARLIE w/ BRAVO Wings1.002/22/2017Waterproof Foamboard Skin
FT SE-51.001/12/2017Mighty Mini SE-5
FT Storch1.003/12/2017Luftwaffle Breakfast Bomber

Images

FT DR-1

FT_DR1_RF.png

FT Duster

FT_Duster_RF.png

FT Mini Arrow

FT_Arrow2.png

FT MESA ALPHA

FT_MESA_ALPHA_RF.jpg

FT MESA BRAVO

FT_MESA_BRAVO_RF.jpg

FT MESA CHARLIE

Charlie.png

FT MESA ALPHA w/ BRAVO Wings

Alpha_BravoWings.png

FT MESA ALPHA w/ CHARLIE Wings

Alpha_CharlieWings.png

FT MESA BRAVO w/ ALPHA Wings

Bravo_AlphaWings.png

FT MESA BRAVO w/ CHARLIE Wings

Bravo_CharlieWings.png

FT MESA CHARLIE w/ ALPHA Wings

Charlie_AlphaWings.png

FT MESA CHARLIE w/ BRAVO Wings

Charlie_BravoWings.png

FT SE-5

FT_SE5_RF.png

FT Storch

RF_Storch.png

Last edited:

nhk750

Aviation Enthusiast
I can hardly wait to hover the Storch! Thanks to all you guys that work hard on these projects!

JohnRambozo

I'm glad to see everyone enjoying the models. 2 new ones were released by AlternativeRC today. The DR-1 and the Duster! See the first post to download.

Ricci

Fabulos. I fly now the duster, the arrow and the triplane. The arrow is brilliant, so i have to build one. The Duster and the Triplane flys also nice after changing the elevon to full rate 100 % .
The triplane will be really funny with less dihedral and ailerons.

jpot1

Elite member
Flew both tonight, love them! Duster needed a lot of elevator. I've had the plans printed for a while but was concerned by all the threads saying it was twitchy. It was until I dialed down the rates a bit and then no problems. Thanks!

lrussi750

Rogue Pilot
Mentor
I had to make some minor tweaks to Dusty as well. Up elevator was a little weak, down was a little too strong. I increase the up throw, decrease down. Slight increase in the neutral defection. Eliminated dual rates on the elevator and reduced the expo as well. Now it feels perfect to me.

No changes to the DR-1, it feels right on for a Rudder/Elevator craft.

Jeff Yoder

i couldn't get it to work in RF 6.5 so I ordered the update just because of this. I certainly hope it will work when I get the update installed.

jim_buxton

Thanks Jeff, I almost did the same, thinking the same! Let me know if it works, as my kids really want the FT designs installed.

JohnRambozo

I had to make some minor tweaks to Dusty as well. Up elevator was a little weak, down was a little too strong. I increase the up throw, decrease down. Slight increase in the neutral defection. Eliminated dual rates on the elevator and reduced the expo as well. Now it feels perfect to me.

No changes to the DR-1, it feels right on for a Rudder/Elevator craft.

This is great feedback! Thank you!

JohnRambozo

Flew both tonight, love them! Duster needed a lot of elevator. I've had the plans printed for a while but was concerned by all the threads saying it was twitchy. It was until I dialed down the rates a bit and then no problems. Thanks!

Thanks for sharing. Its nice to hear your experience with the sim helped you with your build decision. Most 'twitchy' planes can be managed by decreasing rates and/or increasing expo. I like at least some expo on everything.

The issue is in the tool I used to import the 3D models into the sim, makes them only compatible with 7.5, physics are completely different between the two versions as well, (better in 7.5) so this means a complete rework of each model in order to get 6.5 compatibility, and that is IF I can even get the older kex tool nowadays. My personal recommendation is to get the upgrade to 7.5, as it's just so much better than 6.5, available for $50 bucks, here:
http://www.advantagehobby.com/28879...CD2TXrqCw_Rc8yFIihxGGXJDdK5VG-J20UaAsph8P8HAQ