FliteTest in RealFlight 7.5 (Model Index)

Jeff Yoder

I just installed my new RF 7.5 upgrade and am trying to download the models above and when I try to download I get an error message as though the download isn't available. Is this just me or is there a problem with the links?

Jeff Yoder

I had RF 6.5 and upgraded to 7.5 so I could fly these. I love it! Thanks. In my post above I mentioned the download links didn't seem to work, I had downloaded them earlier on another computer when I tried it on 6.5 so I transferred those files to this computer and it works. I have/had both the duster and the arrow and it is awesome to fly them on the sim. I would say they fly very much like the real thing. Thanks again.

JohnRambozo

Posted a thousand or more times
I had RF 6.5 and upgraded to 7.5 so I could fly these. I love it! Thanks. In my post above I mentioned the download links didn't seem to work, I had downloaded them earlier on another computer when I tried it on 6.5 so I transferred those files to this computer and it works. I have/had both the duster and the arrow and it is awesome to fly them on the sim. I would say they fly very much like the real thing. Thanks again.

Great to hear, Jeff! Thanks for pointing out the links not working. I don't know why that is but I updated the links to not use Orangedox and they all work again.

jpot1

Elite member
Downloaded the SE-5 this morning. Had a blast flying it in the sim. Thanks so much for doing this. Please keep them coming!

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
I've been wondering if I had my Versa Wing too touchy or am I a terrible pilot or a combo. After flying the Arrow in RF7.5 I discovered 3 things.
* the Plane is touchy
* I am a terrible Pilot LOS
* FPV - I am a rock star! So I need to fix my broken wing and throw FPV on it and just Rock-it!
Thank you for helping convert these over. Is it possible to continue, even with RF-X?

hbb3367

FPV in RF7.5

My lesson learned: FPV in RF7.5 is easy compared to real life. My 5 year old grandson can fly inverted in the sim with the YAK...not so much in real life.

I went out and procured the best FPV gear I could afford (now have 5 cams and 3 goggles) and I still cannot fly with confidence like I do in the sim.

I thanks the stars for sims, but real life has a way to make you humble again.

That all said...my favorite using FPV is the Spear and Versa, and my scariest is the Walkera F210 racer. (good thing that thing is tough as nails)

Best of luck to ya,
Jack

FT_SPear_a.jpg

bhursey

The Geeky Pilot
Wow you are awesome... I am planning on building the SE5 also I have an ft arrow and love to fly her.. Will be cool doing that in the sim. Will be interesting to see how close it flys to the real thing. Would be interesting if drag wobble was seen also when flying in turns. :)

Here's my last FPV FT Arrow flight with her will be interesting to compare.

lrussi750

Rogue Pilot
Mentor
Bruce1026 Try using Chrome, that's my default browser and I haven't had any issues.

Last edited:

lrussi750

Rogue Pilot
Mentor
I had to make some changes to to both the Alpha and Bravo setting. On the Alpha I had to change the motor down thrust to -4.5 and the right thrust to -.8. The stock settings were cause the plane to nose up and bank left. Now she tracks true. One small change to Bravo, right thrust to -.5 and she's golden. Can't wait for Charlie!

Combat20

I recently discovered Flitetest and built several models. Today I discovered the forum and then this simulator option. Flitetest has rejuvenated my interest in RC in severa l ways. I enjoy building models, modifying models, and simply experimenting with various flyable objects. Flitetest, their articles, foam construction techniques has made all of this so much more fun and interesting - as well as less expensive. My thanks to all involved.

When I find the right location, I will make a suggestion that Flitetest develop a RC model for rocket power; such as converting a Punjet (spelling?) to have a swappable power pod; rocket or electric motor.

Ricci

Flys today the Alpha the Bravo and the SE5. Really nice! The Bravo flys perfect. The Alpha need more downthrust. The SE5 is great but ailerons will be better. I feel more confortable with the Bravo. I am curious how the resl Alphs i build eill fly.

bhursey

The Geeky Pilot
The FT Arrow flys very realistic my max throws are a tad more aggressive but seems fairly accurate. Thanks!

TedC

I would love to help getting more models running in RF 7.5. I see that there are lots of models available for Phoenix. I don't want to buy a second sim, though...

Is there a conversion procedure, or chain of tools that will convert the Phoenix models to RF?

lrussi750

Rogue Pilot
Mentor
I would love to help getting more models running in RF 7.5. I see that there are lots of models available for Phoenix. I don't want to buy a second sim, though...

Is there a conversion procedure, or chain of tools that will convert the Phoenix models to RF?

Hi TedC, there is no conversation process for the Phoenix models. The RF 7.5 models are being made and put out on the personal time of JohnRambozo & AlternativeRC. The best thing to do is subscribe to the thread and you can get notified whenever there is a change made and you'll always be up-to date with the models as they come out. Happy Flying!

JohnRambozo

I had to make some changes to to both the Alpha and Bravo setting. On the Alpha I had to change the motor down thrust to -4.5 and the right thrust to -.8. The stock settings were cause the plane to nose up and bank left. Now she tracks true. One small change to Bravo, right thrust to -.5 and she's golden. Can't wait for Charlie!

Thanks for this tip, lrussi! Charlie as well as all the variants are out now, thanks to Alternative RC!

Deadbolt

I have never designed a plane for Real Flight so please forgive my ignorance if this isn't possible: is there a way to convert these 7.5 designs to work with G5? My ancient computer can't run better than G5. If there is no converter, is there a way to extract the design variables to make the RF included "slinger" wing fly as close to a FT mini arrow as possible? Thank you.