FliteTest in RealFlight 7.5 (Model Index)

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
I second that!

Ultimately I would love to know where to learn how to design my own RF 7.5 builds. Is it easiest to start with a similar model then adjust? just wondering.

lrussi750

Rogue Pilot
Mentor
I second that!

Ultimately I would love to know where to learn how to design my own RF 7.5 builds. Is it easiest to start with a similar model then adjust? just wondering.

Hey FoamyDM, Modeling aircraft for RF requires an outdated piece of software. The creators of this thread were the only people working on creating FT models in RF. Neither seem to be responding to activity in this thread which is a shame. I've been hoping for the rest of the FT fleet to magically appear for download. But I am still happy to have the models we have.

sethonmeth

Edit: I got some more time in with the plane and updated the model. I can't find a good balance where it's the same as a park flyer and can also do hovers. So If you want to do hovers you'll have to fiddle around with it.

I don't know anything about 3D modeling or how to do it for Realflight. But I do know how to adjust the physics and design a whole new plane in the plane editor. So what I've done is taken the Storch model from this thread and built Bushwacker physics into a scaled down version of it.

It's set up like mine is. Power 15 motor, about 2 lb, 11x5.5 prop. Was made in Realflight 7.5.

FT Bushwacker That Looks Like Storch: download

Last edited:

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
Hey FoamyDM, Modeling aircraft for RF requires an outdated piece of software. The creators of this thread were the only people working on creating FT models in RF. Neither seem to be responding to activity in this thread which is a shame. I've been hoping for the rest of the FT fleet to magically appear for download. But I am still happy to have the models we have.

Thanks. Sad.

donalson

will these work with RF8? I'm considering picking up RF8 and it would be a shame for them to not work :(

lrussi750

Rogue Pilot
Mentor
will these work with RF8? I'm considering picking up RF8 and it would be a shame for them to not work :(

Hey Donalson, This models should work fine in RF8. Models are backwards compatible for the most part. There have been "improvements to Physics and graphics engines" which means older models may not fly or look exactly the same as the version they were created for. With that said 7.5 and 8 are so close this shouldn't be an issue. I have 7.5 and have downloaded planes from 5 and they have worked with no major issues. Happy Flying!

donalson

Hey Donalson, This models should work fine in RF8. Models are backwards compatible for the most part. There have been "improvements to Physics and graphics engines" which means older models may not fly or look exactly the same as the version they were created for. With that said 7.5 and 8 are so close this shouldn't be an issue. I have 7.5 and have downloaded planes from 5 and they have worked with no major issues. Happy Flying!

thanks... I had a few min to play the demo RF at my local rc shop, (think he said it was 5.5 or 6.0 or something)... looks like a fun learning tool... now to decide if spending the money on the tx is worth it or if I just use my taranis lol.

Havak37

Brand new to RC planes
thanks... I had a few min to play the demo RF at my local rc shop, (think he said it was 5.5 or 6.0 or something)... looks like a fun learning tool... now to decide if spending the money on the tx is worth it or if I just use my taranis lol.

I just use my DX6e transmitter that I use for my plane. RF is just another model :)

SlingShot

Maneuvering With Purpose

I can confirm this. I downloaded the available FT models and they work fine with RF-8.

Redflier

Launch Mode
So thrilled to have found this thread! I got RF G2, but it wouldn't run on my PC (well, it was cheap, and rather a longshot), but I got a 7.5 disc with the dongle, and it's all systems go! I love it already, though I do crash more than I'd like ;)

Getting FT planes on board would take it to another level. Must download these tonight! :)

sethonmeth

How do you do this? I use the G2's controller, but I want to use my DX6, for obvious reasons... Any hints gratefully received.

I use a Dx6i with this in 7.5: https://www.amazon.com/Great-Planes-Realflight-Wired-Interface/dp/B01NB1ZN9X

I think there is a way to plug your transmitter in through your interlink controller. There is an adapter that plugs in and it works like the wired interface. Seems like it would be a lot of stuff in your way though with both controllers in that wire's length.

Last edited:

Redflier

Launch Mode
I've downloaded a few FT Planes - from here and the KnifeEdge site, and I'm having particular fun with the SE5 and the Storch.

But the FT Cruiser is problematic. It obviously uses differential thrust, but it is sooooo biased to the side that it goes round in circles. With hard rudder, I can almost get it off the ground, but it's so disappointing, as it's a great looking machine.

Anyone else had (and cured) these issues?

Redflier

Launch Mode
I am officially an idiot!

I found out yesterday that on the FT Cruiser, the three-way Channel 8 switch disables one or other of the engines, with only the middle position powering both!

Ah well, I know now, and it's a smooth flying model, if pretty slow to roll. :)