FliteTest in RealFlight 7.5 (Model Index)

feliponcho

Thank you so much for creating these models. I am using them in my FT STEM classes so my students can get use to flying them before we get on the field. If you are taking requests, we would like to see the following: FT Tiny Trainer, FT Spitfire, FT Mustang, FT MIG-3, FT Explorer. These are all planes that are options for the kids to build in our class. Thanks again
Cullen Chong
FlashPoint STEM
I'm with you. All these models are available for PhoenixRC, but that SW is discontinued and not sold anymore. Would be great if someone can convert PhoenixRC models into RF or share some link or idea on how to do it (for sure it is not an easy feat). Thanks

Bricks

Master member
Now I see Horizon is not keeping up the server so different pilots can fly together. I suppose it was bound to happen as they now own RealFlight.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Probably not. There was discussion on the thread getting them to work with 6, and it was a no go due to major differences in modeling and physics.

Although they import in to RF9, they could use some tuning..

Lb

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Probably not. There was discussion on the thread getting them to work with 6, and it was a no go due to major differences in modeling and physics.

Although they import in to RF9, they could use some tuning..

Lb
I tried it out and they don’t work. Oh well.

perhapsleiana

Elite member
I’ve already put all my good ones up on the KE swap pages, so I guess I’m set. But if anyone here wants to have a look, my username is the same on there.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
I’ve already put all my good ones up on the KE swap pages, so I guess I’m set. But if anyone here wants to have a look, my username is the same on there.
Very nice flyers! It was a bit creepy when I landed Buzz Lightyear and his head fell off though. He tends to roll up on and over his head when landing. LOL The Jackknifev5 was the only one that took me a bit to get used to flying. It seems to have quite a bit of throttle steer but flys well at half throttle. All the others were really easy to fly and well balanced.

Cheers!
LitterBug

perhapsleiana

Elite member
Very nice flyers! It was a bit creepy when I landed Buzz Lightyear and his head fell off though. He tends to roll up on and over his head when landing. LOL The Jackknifev5 was the only one that took me a bit to get used to flying. It seems to have quite a bit of throttle steer but flys well at half throttle. All the others were really easy to fly and well balanced.

Cheers!
LitterBug
Oh yeah, Buzz lands better inverted lmao. But I did actually build the JackKnife, and called it the Snow Ferret. Flew it a lot this past winter. Throttle steer is pretty inevitable on canards, but this one has plenty of pitch authority to account for it. Its only real issue is that it can stall if you chop the throttle too fast. My current license to RF9 is a free one I got for uploading those models. Nothing regular, knife edge just decided to do that :D

perhapsleiana

Elite member
Also, the Starfighter is another one I built- and it got into pitch lock enough times, causing crashes, that I just decided to leave it as a sim model. All the electronics are still good, so no huge deal. The Hovership actually is tough to fly without the invisible winglets. It loves flying inverted though.

LitterBug

Techno Nut
Poor Buzz didn't make it through the fence. >sniff<

1585625965596.png