FliteTest Pod Cast

Richo

Just listened to this guys, great stuff. Really enjoyed the anecdotes and the detail on the origins of FT. Keep up the good work.

I downloaded from iTunes, copied to my iPod, then via aux input jack, listened to the podcast in my car on the way to/from work. I enjoyed the podcast.

If anything could be improved, what comes to mind is that it *seems* like the volume was a tad bit lower than/compared to most other audio (non-podcast) tracks that I download from iTunes.

Thank you flitetest. Keep up the good work with this and all other stuff (for example, youtube, website, build kits) you do.

bmsweb

Site Moderator
If anything could be improved, what comes to mind is that it *seems* like the volume was a tad bit lower than/compared to most other audio (non-podcast) tracks that I download from iTunes.

I had the same issue to with the volume. The Promo was recorded at a good level, but Episode 1 was low.

Can't wait for the next one :)

launchpad1977

Hey guys loved it
maybe on the next one you can go into FPV a little more explain full set ups and pro's con's do's & dont's i know you have touched on this in the past on youtube but maybe a indepth refresher
Keep it guys this is way cool
:cool:

nunieboy

i listen to it well im building RC planes

hey that's what i did too!

I think the podcast is a great idea for you guys to really show a different side of you that a 30 min episode concentrating on said episode can not.

Keep it up! looking forward to the next one!

Todd L

I like the pod cast guys, great idea!! I was listening to it waiting for my connecting flight in Atlanta GA, helped time pass and had wanting to be home building lol.

I found it interesting when David was talking about the show being like Top Gear the "British version". I love Top Gear lol! It would be sweet to have a guest on every so often that takes a FPV ride in their "reasonably priced" FPV plane that flies a set course, much like a Red Bull air race course. Times are tracked and kept, and David can be the "STIG" LOL!!

I'm looking forward to more POD casts!

T-Reu

I liked your podcast! But being an audio eingineer I think you should definitely consider pushing the entire show through something like a mastering limiter after it's finished. By that I mean that the last step in producing the show would be to apply a plug in like Waves L1 Limiter the the master channel: http://www.waves.com/plugins/l1-ultramaximizer

Just my idea...

Thanks for the great show, guys!

tw-ryder

Well Grounded
David can be the "STIG" LOL!!

Some say that he has no understanding of clouds, and that his ear wax tastes like Turkish Delight. But it's not the Stig, it's his Swedish Cousin!

And his helmet isn't a Simpson, it's a FatShark :p

Todd L

Some say that he has no understanding of clouds, and that his ear wax tastes like Turkish Delight. But it's not the Stig, it's his Swedish Cousin!

And his helmet isn't a Simpson, it's a FatShark :p

LMAO!!! Well played sir!! Well played! :p

merit

+1 for the podcast, I really like it. I've been looking for a good RC podcast to listen to while driving/mowing/working on planes for a while, and though there are a few others out there I think the FliteTest podcast has the potential to be the best.

sleb

If it's RC I can crash it
The podcast was great. You need to keep producing them. It was entertaining, fun and informative. All the best in one podcast.

skyhighflight

Really loving the podcast. Ideal for when I'm driving. Makes a change from the rubbish commercial radio stations in the UK.

tw-ryder

Well Grounded
Modded XBoxes, oh David and your quasi-legal ways... ;)

XBMC FTW!

Great way to break into a new medium, guys! Loving the podcast, please continue making the mp3 available with Save As, as 002 is. Bixler, saw the HUGE build you put all your effort into a few years back on RC Groups, unfortunate the result... But look who it's created, and how everything turned out! Chad has an eye for talent, it seems :D

RoyBro

Mentor
Lightning round suggestion:

Just go with the question without mentioning the person(s) asking. If you want to give credit to the asker, put them in the show notes. Mentioning the names really slows the pace, especially when pronunciation is an issue.

That was my only critique. I love the pod casts. I even opted for the pod cast over my current audiobook from Audible. ;)

MidwestRob

Well done on a very entertaining podcast guys! It was great to hear Josh Scott in this latest episode. He brings a nice element of humor to the conversation. Keep up the great work!

AustinFurey

Staff member
Admin
Mentor
Lightning round suggestion:

Just go with the question without mentioning the person(s) asking. If you want to give credit to the asker, put them in the show notes. Mentioning the names really slows the pace, especially when pronunciation is an issue.

That was my only critique. I love the pod casts. I even opted for the pod cast over my current audiobook from Audible. ;)

Good suggestion Roy, thanks for supporting the podcast!
-Austin

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Good suggestion Roy, thanks for supporting the podcast!
-Austin

Does that mean Roy gets mentioned at the start of the round instead of everyone else? "We won't be reading your names off as credit for your questions becasue Roybro suggested . . . " ;)

T-Reu

I'm glad you turned up the volume a bit in episode 2! :D But I strongly reccomend not just riding that fader on your screen all the way to the top, because by doing that you get nasty distortion sounds (for example in the very beginning of the 2nd episode)! Use a compressor pulg-in or a mastering limiter instead. I know there are even online platforms you can send your entire podcast to and they do a real mastering job. That means that after that everything will be well-balanced, great-sounding and technically brilliant when they're done!

Thanks again for all your work, guys!

RoyBro

Mentor
Does that mean Roy gets mentioned at the start of the round instead of everyone else? "We won't be reading your names off as credit for your questions becasue Roybro suggested . . . " ;)

I'm just happy that someone from the crew is reading the suggestions on the forum. Thanks Austin.