FliteTest Pod Cast

RoyBro

Mentor
Hey Austin,

How about making the podcast available in Audible format. Sometimes streaming doesn't work in my area, but downloading it from Audible would be great.

Thanks,

RoyBro

Mentor
I just listened to the Very Third, podcast.

1. I like the interviews.
2. I like the technical stuff. I really liked how what David talked about was illustrated in one of the interviews.
3. I don't mind the podcast going over an hour.

I don't think I have any critiques about this one. I gotta try harder.

Good job guys.

Regarding recent podcasts (episodes 6 through 9)...I kind of miss Austin being the one to make the announcement at the beginning of each podcast (example, episodes 1 through 5). I'm referring to the announcement that says "....if you like radio control planes, helis, FPV flying, multirotors or scratch building this podcast was made just for you".

No biggie though...just my two cents of feedback.

Sincerely,
Victor

Go to episode 5, forward to 22 seconds: Austin does the welcome ("...if you like radio control planes...this podcast was made just for you"...) speech.

Go to episode 6, forward to 14 seconds: Chad does the welcome ("if you like radio control planes...this podcast was made just for you"...) speech.

Regarding this short welcome 'speech' at beginning of podcast; I kind of thought Austin's welcome speech had a good flow to it.

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
Oh, I guess I wasn't paying attention to who was doing it. I knew I remembered hearing it, but just never paid attention to who was doing it... :confused:

Freaky_1

old headcase
Hey Austin,

How about making the podcast available in Audible format. Sometimes streaming doesn't work in my area, but downloading it from Audible would be great.

Thanks,

Loving the pod casts as well. In fact this is the first thing that's come along to give me any desire to figure it out.

I'd love to listen to them at work, but absolutely no online connection is available and is in fact blocked. We can listen to media we have recorded though.
Don't know squat about this stuff so if there is already a means short of buying into a proprietary service/system beginning with "i" (ok so the ipaq is the exception, but that's just me throwing in a semi-spiteful remark in to delineate beginnings.... lol let's see who gets it)... anyway, if there is a means currently, I'd love an education or to be pointed in the right direction to achieve one.

Thanks,
Frank

wittpilot

Just Plane Crazy
Loving the pod casts as well. In fact this is the first thing that's come along to give me any desire to figure it out.

I'd love to listen to them at work, but absolutely no online connection is available and is in fact blocked. We can listen to media we have recorded though.
Don't know squat about this stuff so if there is already a means short of buying into a proprietary service/system beginning with "i" (ok so the ipaq is the exception, but that's just me throwing in a semi-spiteful remark in to delineate beginnings.... lol let's see who gets it)... anyway, if there is a means currently, I'd love an education or to be pointed in the right direction to achieve one.

Thanks,
Frank

Frank, what I do is click on the "Audio Link" on my smartphone and download the podcast that way. Also, if you right click on that same link on your PC and select save link as *I think*, you can save it to your desktop as an .mp3 to take with you.

Hope this helps some.

-Adam

Freaky_1

old headcase
Many thanks,

I'll try the saving as route. The Droid is dead at work as well so literally no streaming.

Thanks,
Frank

AustinFurey

Staff member
Admin
Mentor
For those of you still looking for a better way to listen to the show, I really like PocketCasts by Shifty Jelly.

It is for iPhone and Android. It functions like any other podcast player but I just like the interface the best.

http://www.shiftyjelly.com/pocketcasts

-Austin