flitetest podcast

crash1414

FTafterhours podcast host
Would anyone be interested in listening to a flitetest podcast? maybe everyone. Could summit some topics and questions. It would be great to be able to take phone calls..I think with the great crew it would be informative and entertaining. Here are a few suggestions to get it started. Please feel free to add on.
Funny or awkward crash stories
Discuss what's new and up coming
Some behind the scenes flitetest stories.
Stuff you would like to see the guys do with future episodes.
There are so many things I can think of that you could discuss or talk about but I would lobe to hear some of your ideas. I think it should be kept fun and energetic staying away from the real technical side of thinks. OK guys thoughts, ideas, suggestions and questions. Let's see if this could become a possibility.

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
I have to disagree. The chemistry that works on a show is not the same for a podcast. The guys are great for a show, but not for a podcast. And also a podcast takes almost as much to prepare as an episode, and the results are much better with an episode. But if they manage, and get something good out of it, it's OK with me!

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
As much as I like the idea... I have to agree with Colorex, but for different reasons.

Who would be on the show? The guys are already maxed out on time, working full time jobs, AND putting together two episodes a week. Not to mention the work Chad does with the website, and forums.

If it was another set of people hosting, that would be just one more thing that Chad had to oversee/ok each week, or whenever the show was aired. Then there's the work involved in recording, editing, and publishing.

I would love a Flite Test podcast, but I'm very grateful the guys take the time they already donate, to do what they give us now.

JoeyG

I like the idea of a podcast. Maybe one podcast a month would allow for ample topics and content. It would enable FT's audience (us) to get more involved. The guys are very busy, I think everyone recognises that but podcasts are truly a great medium. I like to listen to them to and from work.

I hope the Flite Test boys give this some thought.

J.

SunShine

not crazy, just stupid
I like the idea of a podcast, and i'd say its worth a shot, see if it works, and if not, than scrap it, you don't have anything to loose, so i guess its fine.
i would like to see other forum members on the podcast as well, that could make podcasts more interesting and different with less work for the crew. win/win situation anyone?

crash1414

As much as I like the idea... I have to agree with Colorex, but for different reasons.

Who would be on the show? The guys are already maxed out on time, working full time jobs, AND putting together two episodes a week. Not to mention the work Chad does with the website, and forums.

If it was another set of people hosting, that would be just one more thing that Chad had to oversee/ok each week, or whenever the show was aired. Then there's the work involved in recording, editing, and publishing.

I would love a Flite Test podcast, but I'm very grateful the guys take the time they already donate, to do what they give us now.

Trust me I know Chad is probably one of the hardest working guys I know. I'm thinking just trying once a month and go from there. There is such good stories and conversation behind the scenes I think it would be great to share with everyone. Then if you include the fans and maybe have a guest now and then it would be slot of fun

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
So, what would the podcast be about? They can't teach most things without showing you... And for news and updates, it's better to use a short video with not that much production effort...

SunShine

not crazy, just stupid
i dont think that the podcsat should be learn-how-to-fly type thing, since there is waaaay too much of that on the internett, i think it should be more like the "fun and distractions"- sub forum, you know, starts out in something related to RC- but inst guaranteed to stay there. it's important to keep podcast fun and light to listen too. (by light i mean not having to think and memorize the details of everything that is mentioned. (like if you would have to if it were an instructional audio log))
By the way, if the FT-guys decide to not do this than i volunteer to make a monthly podcast with other people from the forum, (you know, with scype or something), anyone else?

crash1414

So, what would the podcast be about? They can't teach most things without showing you... And for news and updates, it's better to use a short video with not that much production effort...

For me I have two passions in life rc airplanes and anything motocross related. So when I get around people with the same passion it usually turns into great conversations,disscusions and debates. I don't think It would be just about flitetest but you might get to know more of the crew on a personal level. Think of it as being just like your favorite radio station only with flitetest talking about your favorite subjects.... r c airplanes

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
By the way, if the FT-guys decide to not do this than i volunteer to make a monthly podcast with other people from the forum, (you know, with scype or something), anyone else?

Count me in on an interview :)

Is it free to make a podcast? I don't think so...

JoeyG

Count me in on an interview :)

Is it free to make a podcast? I don't think so...

The only cost is the time it takes to record and mix, no doubt they have the equipment and software (they use Macs so thats covered), end of the day its another valid way to reach an audience. I cant watch FT whilst Im driving... but I could listen to a FT podcast.

J.

SunShine

not crazy, just stupid
But by the way, im not going to start the project before anyone from flite test has said that they dont want to do this.