FliteTest Progressive Build List

Gazoo

The Old Speedster flew OK. Until I lost the motor. It was kind of gusty an I was having a time trying to trim it. I went for a little more altitude and the motor died. Not sure what the issue is but it was one that I rewound.

I swapped out the motor using the same ESC and I'm back in business.

Gazoo

Bloody Wonder is now ready. I know, I know, I cut the aileron and elevator hinges upside down.

20180528_154107.jpg

Attachments

• 20180528_154115.jpg
    20180528_154115.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0

Gazoo

Once I had it trimmed out...WOW! Again, I forgot how well the Bloody Wonder flies. It's pretty fast too. Makes me want to do combat with someone. I have never attempted combat before. Looks like fun.

Now, the question is:
Which is the next logical plane to build? If I go with the Simple cub or Scout, I will need to modify the power pack. For sure with the Scout but I don't know with the Cub. Is the Storch next? I want to keep using the same power pod in the spirit of progressively building/flying from basic to complex. I want to stick with the B-Pack power pod as the base.

So far I have used up 12 servos with connections. Each plane uses 2 servos. Next is a 4 servo plane I suppose.

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
Now, the question is:
Which is the next logical plane to build? If I go with the Simple cub or Scout, I will need to modify the power pack. For sure with the Scout but I don't know with the Cub. Is the Storch next? I want to keep using the same power pod in the spirit of progressively building/flying from basic to complex. I want to stick with the B-Pack power pod as the base.

So far I have used up 12 servos with connections. Each plane uses 2 servos. Next is a 4 servo plane I suppose.
Maybe the bloody baron?

Gazoo

I started building the Bloody Baron. I stalled halfway through because it didn't really add anything over the Bloody Wonder. I decided instead to build the Storch. The storch adds aileron/rudder combo so it will teach coordinated flight. Also, the power pod can be used unmodified.

Here is the FT Storch.
20180610_170357.jpg

I used the same landing gear mounting as all of the previous builds. I was trying to keep all of the original power pod components as I could, keeping with the swappable concept as best as I could. I found out right away that this was a bad idea.
20180610_204043.jpg

The gear was really wobbly and it tore into the bottom of the fuselage.
20180610_204831.jpg

I repaired the damage with a blank white gift card.

It flew nice. Very floaty. Very docile. In other words, just like a Storch.

And now I have a pile of planes.

After talking to a friend from work about FliteTest, he invited me to talk to his Scout Troop about RC aircraft and craftsmanship. Aviation in general. I figured that I could bring the whole fleet of swappable craft. Also, a plane that has been detailed with paint and such. I'm not sure if I will be able to do a flying demo.

Here is the pile in the basement.
20180610_205024.jpg

Again, I will need to think a little about the next plane. I will still keep the same power pod. Has anyone flown a Spitfire with the B-pack?

And I will still finish the Baron...as soon as I can get my hands on more servos.

Gazoo

I think that it would be OK but that's a lot of power for the Bloody Wonder. I have only flown on the B-Pack (24g motor or Blue Wonder).
Check this out though. It looks like it can handle loads of power:

And this:

If that's all you have, then go for it. If you have the B-Pack, then I know it flies nice with that.

Good Luck!!!

jajefan

https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?threads/the-complete-ft-scratchbuild-index.53908/

Great minds think alike!

I think ^^^ this will complement your journey very well.

I’m going on a similar journey thru the ft planes.

Started with Flyer
Moved on to spitfire of all things 😂
Got a simple cub
Then an FT 3D

Broke my last prop on the 3D trying to maiden it with reversed control surfaces (*facepalm*), so I’m grounded for now, but definitely excited to have new props coming in!

Honestly all the FT Planes fly great on C pack with 8x4sf props as a standard “I don’t have anything else so I’m gonna use what I have” power setup lol (speaking from experience)

I flew my Bloody Wonder for the first time over the weekend on C-pack with a 10x 4.7 prop. pretty fast, rolls really fast, I am to scared to try a vertical take off but I will try next time I fly.

Gazoo

Hahaha... I attempted a vertical takeoff with a Bloody Wonder/C-pack a few years back. I have no idea how it did not crash. That was way above my skill level at the time (probably now too).

Just three words when you give it a go... VID E O