Flitetest TEXAS

donalson

@ 2 1/2 hrs... I think I'll have to go

guess I need to build something and learn to fly before I go ;-)... at least I got some time haha

Ray K

Ray K
Question: Does anyone know yet if we'll be allowed to fly our private planes into this event? I'd kinda like to fly my single-place experimental to FFTX.

Ray K

Ray K
Question: Does anyone know yet if we'll be allowed to fly our private planes into this event? I'd kinda like to fly my single-place experimental to FFTX.

Just answered my own question; talked to the guy that answered the listed phone number for the airport manager.
The airport will be closed to full-scale traffic during the event. Oh, well.

Ray K

Ray K
Sounds like an opportunity to fly in early then!

Hi, Rocky. There was a time I'd have done just that. Flown in, made a tent with a cloth spread over one wing and camped out. The years have caught up with me, though, and I just don't have that kind of 'oomph' any more. I'd thought to fly over one morning (it would only take about an hour from here), spend most of that day and fly back. I thought to show off my little plane a bit as well as maybe meet some of the great people that'll be there. It's about a three hour drive to Rockdale from here and I may do that. We'll see how I feel in November. I fully understand why the airport is being closed for the event. Last thing they need is an old buzzard flitting around among all the models that'll be in the air. It's not a big deal.

Last edited:

Ray K

Ray K
Well, I'm just like the Beatles, now - I've got a ticket to ride. Probably a bunch if you kids don't even remember the Brit singers (I'm being nice calling them singers) that tried to usurp Elvis. Anyway, I now have a Pilot's ticket for FF Texas in November. Now all I've gotta do is live that long. :)

donalson

where are you guys registering at? I haven't seen the email from the mailing list and that is all I'm seeing on the FT page.

tamuct01

I went to the Flite Fest page, and I saw that the registration for Texas is open. I am supposed to get a pilot pass as part of the Edgewater perk, but I have not yet received any redemption code. I'll hold off to register me and my dad until I get the perk delivered.

Edit: I did receive my redemption code a while back, so I'm set for FFT! See y'all there!

Last edited:

Thomas B

Planning on attending Flite Fest Texas. Only about a four hour drive for me.

One question I had was about sleeping in your car at the event. I sometimes travel to model events and camp out in my van on an air mattress. Can I do that at Flite Fest without a tent camping space or RV space?

I am new to the Flite Test Forum, but not new to RC....:) Am planning on bringing a few original designs. One will likely be this new own design micro Rutan VariViggen pictured.

Attachments

• A8C1089C-DEF1-4FFC-B64F-D21038646315.jpeg
    A8C1089C-DEF1-4FFC-B64F-D21038646315.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0

stsguy5

Flite test will not reply to my emails???? I am gathering members to join up at the flyin but we have questions. Mostly tent camping sez (FULL EVENT) for 55 bucks. the RV camping is 95 Bucks is this for a day or the entire show??? Also, we would like to re4serve spots next to each other can someone help so we can all pull out our wallets and get this done Thank you Joe

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Hey stsguy5, welcome to the forum!

Hard to say when they will get back -- they are notoriously busy and distracted, and the Email-pipeline is always overflowing.

The price is for the length of the event. I don't think there's a reduced camping cost for part of the event. Keep in mind, it's only for the site. Pilot/Spectator registration is in addition to this.

If you register a spot, one will be available for you when you arrive, but they are assigned on arrival. You can always ask to get a block off to the side when the first guy arrives, and you can schedule to arrive somewhat simultaneously, but there isn't another way to guarantee you'll be camping next to people you know when you arrive. I can say you'll be surrounded by other great people and will probably know your neighbors when you leave ;)

As for planes, the flightline is Electric only . . . although in past the occasional rubber band, candle, or rocket powered airframe have snuck in an appearance . . . but IC engines are ground-based at this event.