Flitetest TEXAS

stsguy5

The Texas shoe pre reg is off the HOOK>>>> Less than 2 weeks
gentleman Charge your batteries
DSCN8953.JPG
DSCN8962.JPG
DSCN8964.JPG

stsguy5

The weather will be off the chain.. high of 75 low of 55 poss scattered showers in the early AM on one day... A screen room canopy or tent will feel like a perfectly adjusted A/c... Load up and go there is no excuse not to show.... We are so excited

Attachments

• joe.jpg
    joe.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 1

stsguy5

I DO have a question that was ask of one of our guest and I would like to know also. Most of us Texas boys will be bringing airplane trailers. At the shows we have here we can park our trailers on the flight line and leave them there and remove our vehicles until the end of the show. It is much safer than moving the trailers in and out everyday with bystanders walking around. So in the past was this allowed?

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Generally, FT has been laying out the lines with a thin row (10') for people to setup a single row of EZ-ups on front of the line, with an aisle, between that and the camping area. Effectively, the front row is too thin to park a trailer. Taking a look at the FFOH'18 layouts will give you a picture of how FT typically lays out the lines:

Event: https://static1.squarespace.com/static/5845acd8e6f2e1f15e5c3c55/t/5b3a85c5575d1fe4d577fcaa/1530561989903/ff18_map_OUTLINED-01+(1).png

Camping: https://static1.squarespace.com/sta...0780dc5c/1496775724181/Camping+Info+FFE17.pdf (pdf)

FFS last year and pretty much all FFOHs have been laid out in a variant of this. FFW was not, but that property couldn't be setup in this way. In past, people with trailers who didn't purchase a camping spot could park them in the day parking area and leave them there overnight (assuming the day-parking area wasn't a mudhole . . . that was fun :p ). It was a bit of a hike, but not much more than the late camping arrivals.

That being said . . . the Double flightline (FINALLY!!! I've been lobbying for this at FFOH for YEARS!) with the event sandwiched in between may change some things a bit, but I expect it will be some variation of this pattern

So . . . for your friends, I'd offer two strategies -- either buy a tent camping spot to park their trailer (tent vs. RV is more about the site size than the hardness of the walls, and most airplane trailers will fit into a tent site), or plan on hiking in from the day-parking area. Where will that be at AP? No idea. They haven't released an event map yet.

In any case, I recommend these watchwords for TOTAL ENJOYMENT of FliteFest:

Semper Gumby -- Forever Flexible.

Expect it to be cool, but don't expect it to be like you expect ;)

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
The place appears to be right-sized for a FF ;)

I hadn't seen that map layer before -- where did you stumble on that?

tamuct01

Do we know yet when a schedule of events will be published? When can we start checking in on Thursday? Inquiring minds want to know!

A_Bird

Am I just missing it or is the tent camping location not labeled on the map? At the regular campsite on the other side of FM 908?

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
You're right, it's not on the map. Ommission? Mislabling? Off the page? Dunno. We'll see in a few days.

SlingShot

Maneuvering With Purpose
20181026_115227.jpg

This is a Goblin mockup already for the suitcase. Final assembly in TX. I might cut out another for reserve. The intention would be to keep it in reserve and only complete it if necessary.

A big battery and some lead in the nose, and this thing could be a battering ram for combat. 😎