Flitetest TEXAS

SlingShot

Maneuvering With Purpose
Soon to release my inner Kraken :cool:

20181102_082446.jpg

Last edited:

Boogerwood

It was great to meet Josh and Alex in Texas today! My son was on cloud 9! Sorry the wind was crazy, but if there's anything crazier than Texas wind, it's Texas people. Some of the wackiest and best high wind flying I've seen! Hopefully it was a good enough experience for you to do it in Texas again. I'd vote for somewhere up North (DFW area). Great event! My only feedback would be to allow online registration for the STEM classes and try to attract food vendors. Being in the sticks, food was a pain to get. Also, try to spread out more events during the day. 10am: warbirds, 11am: aerobatic displays, 12pm: jets... etc.

donalson

had so much fun... loved my "job" as golf kart shuttle... as did my son :) let me get around and see everything and visit with so many people... thanks for coming to us, I'm already trying to figure out how to pull off Ohio next year...

h5BInRMInarmzSuU4jmrvgpfJdE8cGd-g50CmBBP-z9oMmsIPOeUGG1RYMO-i6Nw3vjd-hFQ4jFtoyyN83nM55q7mKi2M9a4vVmDgUteqazis0m675W7XvmUN91-LyN7An-g837eeorFlGYudXXkOdAy3F6NDb2G33E0b32vd1KXXxVk7geS_xgpm8R1x6zBgNi9CvvU_IhIaGOP-2XxKgruTXYB7CxcTmwuMhBtQmzRJCm3gVNYdOXVNbIOHoRVJ7OWcjca944lI4T4wMMXC6HERzs1MHcsMgfowXvoP5otIq_FHT9sZPQ_ojLJksR-spj1_0O5E4AT_gsbaFpDefdCCU3Uz5gyTJhEV_bS9tOK0XVHv538zEmujpOBlMfV0IwS0moHmPBnvRdaHiJH60JZleL9vs1zkpekYxTHMVTxHWAGAfkKZfpR-FALkuZEZaRBhf0qIA2pZ3EMR91GZhgxyuaPp3jxySKiG848vWumhIN_6tDdDIl0P4XVAxRSY7sHunH0pWjkvTTWn-A13_q4dk5VcgMveYNe8eKT0IIiDumFOfsxcFJt-G5BNCX9fbe9KbCaYRM4U7pEBEpk7gk5RAuJm0VHjW2UyYWC61A9kQLifFx7VJYgo9omY-nb9XtuO8-bgoamnuau6SOHI9S6c5uHWmaQd2x57h_vG6D9lw=w1174-h882-no

Last edited:

F106DeltaDart

Elite member
I made it out both Friday and Saturday and had a blast! Spent a lot of Friday over in the build tent, but managed to squeeze in a few flights while the weather was nice. It was awesome to meet so many incredible people, and I spent more time talking then building or flying. I wouldn’t ask for it any other way! Saturday was windy but fun. Enjoyed hovering my Cub in the headwind, and cutting through it with my choppers. Combat with Stephen commentating was fantastic and hilarious! I think I’m going to have to try to make my way to wherever it is next!

JTarmstr

Elite member
I made it out both Friday and Saturday and had a blast! Spent a lot of Friday over in the build tent, but managed to squeeze in a few flights while the weather was nice. It was awesome to meet so many incredible people, and I spent more time talking then building or flying. I wouldn’t ask for it any other way! Saturday was windy but fun. Enjoyed hovering my Cub in the headwind, and cutting through it with my choppers. Combat with Stephen commentating was fantastic and hilarious! I think I’m going to have to try to make my way to wherever it is next!

did you get to fly the F-106? i kinda want to see a video of it, it looked really nice in the build thread.

F106DeltaDart

Elite member
did you get to fly the F-106? i kinda want to see a video of it, it looked really nice in the build thread.
Unfortunately no. I couldn't get enough speed to takeoff from the grass with the small wheels, so I tried for a hand launch. There was some spin in the throw, and it went sideways into the ground and snapped off the nose. Have some significant rebuilding to do before the next try. It probably wasn't the best move to try for a launch anyways, it's really a bit too heavy for a normal toss.

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
It was great to meet Josh and Alex in Texas today! My son was on cloud 9! Sorry the wind was crazy, but if there's anything crazier than Texas wind, it's Texas people. Some of the wackiest and best high wind flying I've seen! Hopefully it was a good enough experience for you to do it in Texas again. I'd vote for somewhere up North (DFW area). Great event! My only feedback would be to allow online registration for the STEM classes and try to attract food vendors. Being in the sticks, food was a pain to get. Also, try to spread out more events during the day. 10am: warbirds, 11am: aerobatic displays, 12pm: jets... etc.

Sounds like things to look for with maybe FF West, if we can get another one going!

Rimmy

It was an absolute pleasure meeting everyone and seeing the event. I only got to go on Thursday, but man what a joy.

I got to talk to Josh, and I asked why he never made a slow stick. He said he was inspired.

Well, I was too. I am finishing up the designs for some slow sticks based on some parts FT already makes. I'll upload them when i'm done with them.

If Bixler ever see's this, send me a message. I'll happily donate them to the shop and you can use what you like to make kits!

SlingShot

Maneuvering With Purpose
Got home last night after a great time at FF. It was nice to see Craftydan and the FT crew again. Made some new friends and I volunteered on the flight line with Josh Orchard. Mostly I just patrolled the flight line and I got to know Josh a little. He's a great guy as well as a great modeler. I met Nerdnic also. Still need to get that t-shirt lol.

I had some minor problems to deal with on my planes. Here I talk about the Goblin. And here I talk about the Kraken.

All and all it seemed like there was an abundance of happy faces and good times by all.

Last edited:

basslord1124

Master member
I had heard and seen through Facebook that the giant Seaduck is no more. Curious if anyone captured some footage of the crash.

donalson

I had a blast flying and volunteering at FliteFest. Here is some videos I shot:

Ricky

that last one I can hear myself and see my blunt nose LED versa (the one changing colors)... I think that was my last flight of FFTX... maybe got one more before we left for home.

also I appreciate the posts on the 3d printed plane... I def like that version for overall practicality over his other models... hopefully he finalizes it and gets it posted... I'll happily pay a bit to print and build that one.

A_Bird

I'm the Tiny Trainer with one green wing, one red wing, and white fuse near the start of the saturday night flying video. :D

Great video of the combat, my phone started acting up and getting a little choppy when I tried to record it. You can see the bus going down though:

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
To those of you throwing up video: Thank YOU! I wanted to be there so bad. No way it could happen. I've been waiting for video and you all did an awesome job. Thank you again.