Fly in for Northeast PA 76N Skyhaven Airport

mrwhiskers

Ludicrous speed, GO!
New to forum but my kids have been lurking for a while and absorbing info. I've looked over their shoulder and let them go figure it all out. Now hot glue solder and foam bits all over the house but they are having fun.

I own a small airport just south of Tunkhannock in Northeast PA. Skyhaven Airport 76N. We unofficially have flown FF, RC, control line here for 65 years. Never a club just fly for fun. We have had RC events many times in the past and about 50 Fly in Breakfasts many serving over 1000 people.

Since i can't figure out how to get away for Flite Fest next option is bring something like that here. Google earth can bring up a photo of the airport and surrounding area. We have a calm river for water flying, hay fields, parking, good town close with places to stay, Super Wal Mart next door, good cell coverage, 3100 ft paved runway with parallel grass and hangars, skydivers and a bluegrass band on sunday afternoons.

Not this year but possibly next. I'm looking for a couple ideas:

1. Dates where there is a hole in events. We are not far from other fly ins and don't want to conflict.
2. Events that seem to work out and fit in with what airplanes people are flying. I really like the building, experimental and low cost aspect of the Flite test show/products. Would like to keep in that theme instead of large scale seriousness and ARF.
3. Suggestions for size of flight areas and power requirements for charging etc.

earthsciteach

Your airport is a very nice facility. I live in South-Central PA. It would be an easy day trip for me. A fall weekend, say mid to late October might be a good time of year. Weather is usually very nice then.

Raptortech

Foam Addict
I've never been able to make it to FliteFest myself, so I'd love to come out!!! Just thinking about all the people still in school (myself included), maybe a summer date would be a bit easier for people to make...

RCman50

family, faith, foam, fun!
I'm in Feasterville pa. Across the street from Philadelphia literally. I'd love to meet some of the great people on this forum. I'm pretty new to the hobby but flew firebirds faithfully as a kid in the mid 90's. Anybody remember them? I grew up on a dairy farm so I had large fields to fly in. I lost a plane once in pop-pops corn field and it took me two whole days to find it;) My skills are a little better now so I'd be in for sure. Let's do it!

Njfoam

That sounds like a really good idea! I have been to both flite fest events , however if you were to host something closer to home (for me), I would definitely add that to my list of events I would attend. image.png