Fly sky fs i6 binding problems

smiling albert

Hi
Have tried reading other threads and YT clips on this but still got problems.
It is probably me as being a dummy I started to try and bind,then read the instructions and realised it had been done at the factory!
Anyway the situation now is when I connect the bec to the bottom port ,channel 1,the led light flashes on and off ..
When I turn the transmitter on it changes to a constant red light.
However when I plug in a servo and twiddle the controls absolutely nothing happens.
Every so often the transmitter chips at me( electronically laughing at me no doubt for being an idiot)
Is it bound or are the servos dodgy.
Have I connected up ok
Have put in some pictures.
Any help much appreciated
Thanks

Attachments

• 7B7C2B25-387D-406C-9272-79F52A5BBAEA.jpeg
    7B7C2B25-387D-406C-9272-79F52A5BBAEA.jpeg
    804.7 KB · Views: 0
  • CB04C27D-65A3-4B8A-B12A-C84E4E3A6DD2.jpeg
    CB04C27D-65A3-4B8A-B12A-C84E4E3A6DD2.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 341B83AD-ECFD-468C-B988-2B2C85AE2256.jpeg
    341B83AD-ECFD-468C-B988-2B2C85AE2256.jpeg
    956.6 KB · Views: 0

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
Hard to tell from the picture, looks like you have the servo in channel 5. Try it in channels 1-4. Channel 5 is gear, and is not controlled by the sticks.

Last edited:

smiling albert

Thanks
Tried your suggestions,bec in channel 3 ,servo in channel 1,2 and 4 still nothing.

Attachments

• 84C0A8C9-BE97-4217-8312-E51A2EBE0610.jpeg
    84C0A8C9-BE97-4217-8312-E51A2EBE0610.jpeg
    1,008.1 KB · Views: 0

MarioGdV

Did you use this (I don't know how it is called)?
RC210-E-10-main1.jpg

You have to connect it to the "B/VCC" pins, then turn on the receiver and turn on the transmitter while pressing the "Bind" button.

smiling albert

Tried binding again and
Eureka!
It works,must not have bound it properly.
I think the problem was I thought channel 1 was throttle when in fact for my receiver it’s number 3
Thanks for your help!
Btw have another servo with these colours,which is which?
Thanks

Attachments

• 79ECD331-D814-44EB-85C1-027F164B85CB.jpeg
    79ECD331-D814-44EB-85C1-027F164B85CB.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 0

Mr. Gandalf

Elite member
I am also having trouble binding my receiver to my transmitter. I have a Turnigy TGY-i6, the Rx that came with my radio worked fine, but then I got a FlySky receiver, bound that to my radio and it worked as well, but the next time I tried to use my Turnigy receiver it wouldn't bind. I don't recall having a crash before my Turnigy Rx stopped working so I am wondering if crossing Tx and Rx brands caused the problem, or if the timing of the failure was just a coincidence.

daxian

Elite member
flysky/turnigy/eashine...all the same make and inter compatable...have you tried a rebind ? do you have any light on the rx ?.....if not, maybe its died ...

kilroy07

Legendary member
I am also having trouble binding my receiver to my transmitter. I have a Turnigy TGY-i6, the Rx that came with my radio worked fine, but then I got a FlySky receiver, bound that to my radio and it worked as well, but the next time I tried to use my Turnigy receiver it wouldn't bind. I don't recall having a crash before my Turnigy Rx stopped working so I am wondering if crossing Tx and Rx brands caused the problem, or if the timing of the failure was just a coincidence.
Do you have each receiver stored as a separate model (will your transmitter store several models?)

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
I have a Turnigy TGY-i6, the Rx that came with my radio worked fine, but then I got a FlySky receiver, bound that to my radio and it worked as well, but the next time I tried to use my Turnigy receiver it wouldn't bind.
No, binding with one Rx should not affect the bind to the other Rx. If your Rx is behaving correctly, once it is bound, you should not need to rebind, unless you are using a different Tx.

Mr. Gandalf

Elite member
Thank you all for the replies, this has been an extremely frustrating problem!

do you have any light on the rx ?.....if not, maybe its died ...

Yes the red light does work. It blinks quickly when I first power on the Rx and then blinks slowly after I turn on the Tx while holding the bind button, but when I pull out the bind plug it doesn't go solid, it just keeps on blinking and none of the servos respond to my controls.

Do you have each receiver stored as a separate model (will your transmitter store several models?)

Yes to both.

No, binding with one Rx should not affect the bind to the other Rx. If your Rx is behaving correctly, once it is bound, you should not need to rebind, unless you are using a different Tx.

Ok, so the receiver must be broken then? Could trying to bind an Rx when it is already bound cause a problem?

daxian

Elite member
@mr.Gandalf....as i remember it you have to power down both then restart ...tx first then rx on power up !
edit : yes i checked the manual...."power on the rx with bind plug connected light flashes fast...power up tx holding bind button light flashes slower pull out bind plug light stays on, restart rx and tx bind is complete ...check servo's work "

Last edited:

Mr. Gandalf

Elite member
"power on the rx with bind plug connected light flashes fast...power up tx holding bind button light flashes slower pull out bind plug light stays on, restart rx and tx bind is complete ...check servo's work "

Yeah, I have followed that sequence each time including powering off both Tx and Rx but still nothing.

daxian

Elite member
hmmmm ...only thing i can think to try... is a new model setup ...if that does not work, assume it is faulty !!
strange as all seems to be working ok light wise ...