Fly sky fs i6 binding problems

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
It is the 6 volt.
OK as the 8Volt does not like the power connected in the wrong manner!

Does the Tx bind to any Rx? The iA6 has 2 modes that it will work in and you need to ensure that the display on the Tx shows "AFHDS 2A" on the slot you are trying to bind. If it is showing AFHDS then it is for the earlier protocol and will not bind to the newer Rx.

Have fun!

Mr. Gandalf

Elite member
OK as the 8Volt does not like the power connected in the wrong manner!

Does the Tx bind to any Rx? The iA6 has 2 modes that it will work in and you need to ensure that the display on the Tx shows "AFHDS 2A" on the slot you are trying to bind. If it is showing AFHDS then it is for the earlier protocol and will not bind to the newer Rx.

Have fun!

Yes, my transmitter binds to my newer FlySky FS-ia6 without any problems, and also the Tx is showing AFHDS 2A

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
Yes, my transmitter binds to my newer FlySky FS-ia6 without any problems, and also the Tx is showing AFHDS 2A

Sadly it is beyond my experience! There is a reset button on the Rx, (hence the plastic stick on the bind plug), BUT I am not sure if it resets the Rx or if it puts it in update mode for the Rx firmware!

Perhaps someone with greater knowledge can provide further info!

Have fun!

bracesport

Legendary member
@Mr. Gandalf - these systems are pretty bullet proof - I have had days when I thought the gear was not binding, left the field and went home only to bind perfectly at home - the instructions say to remove the power and bind-key (remove power first) does that help?

Screen Shot 2019-04-13 at 10.04.14 PM.png

Mr. Gandalf

Elite member
Sadly it is beyond my experience! There is a reset button on the Rx, (hence the plastic stick on the bind plug), BUT I am not sure if it resets the Rx or if it puts it in update mode for the Rx firmware!

Have fun!

Well I don't have anything to lose with this Rx so I think I will try that, and thank you very much for your help!

@Mr. Gandalf - these systems are pretty bullet proof - I have had days when I thought the gear was not binding, left the field and went home only to bind perfectly at home - the instructions say to remove the power and bind-key (remove power first) does that help?

View attachment 128800

Yeah, I always pull out the bind plug first, and then the power. These instructions you included aren't the same as the manual for my transmitter, what radio and receiver are they for? Also, is it important to plug the power into the B/VCC port after binding?

Thanks for the help.

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
Well I don't have anything to lose with this Rx so I think I will try that, and thank you very much for your help!

Yeah, I always pull out the bind plug first, and then the power. These instructions you included aren't the same as the manual for my transmitter, what radio and receiver are they for? Also, is it important to plug the power into the B/VCC port after binding?

Thanks for the help.
The B/VCC port is for when you need to use either a separate battery or separate BEC and the throttle channel, (3), does not have, (or does not use), an onboard BEC itself. The lack of BEC can be for some optical ESCs as well as on a "GAS" model where the throttle channel is actually a servo.

For a normal ESC with BEC the ESC plugs into port 3 on the Rx and the B/VCC is left disconnected!

Have fun!

Mr. Gandalf

Elite member
The B/VCC port is for when you need to use either a separate battery or separate BEC and the throttle channel, (3), does not have, (or does not use), an onboard BEC itself. The lack of BEC can be for some optical ESCs as well as on a "GAS" model where the throttle channel is actually a servo.

For a normal ESC with BEC the ESC plugs into port 3 on the Rx and the B/VCC is left disconnected!

Have fun!

Thanks :), but I was just asking if it was important to plug the power specifically into the B/VCC port after binding.

Mr. Gandalf

Elite member

Have fun!

Were exactly is the reset button on the ia6?

Last edited:

Mr. Gandalf

Elite member
My FS-ia6b Rx just came in the mail and it has a little button hole that is labled update, but my old FS-ia6 does not.

Mr. Gandalf

Elite member
@Mr. Gandalf - hi there again - check this youtube out - I would also recommend after binding - power Tx off, power Rx off, remove bind pin

Nope, I did it just like you said: bind, power Tx off, power Rx off, remove bind pin, but when I powered back on the red light still blinked fast and no servos worked. I guess it really is just faulty :(.