Help! Fly Sky FS_TH9X

Chasking

I have a Fly Sky FS_TH9X with standard software no openTX. My question is, Will the Aura 5 Lite work with this transmitter? If yes what to I have to do make it work. I am saving for a Spectrum 9 channel, but want to use this one in the interim as it does work. I want to add it to the Bloody Baron I am building. Thank you in advance to any assistance.

FDS

Elite member
It should work with any Sbus or ibus receiver. If not it has PPM in but you will get a little more latency.
Spektrum won’t offer any big advantage over what you already have, other than possibly better gimbal feel.

Chasking

It should work with any Sbus or ibus receiver. If not it has PPM in but you will get a little more latency.
Spektrum won’t offer any big advantage over what you already have, other than possibly better gimbal feel.
Thank you for the info

Chasking

I agree with @FDS, it will work with Sbus or ibus Rx.
However, most older Fly Sky Rx's are PWM and will not work. If your Rx is PWM, I would recommend the Hobby Eagle A3 V2 6-Axis Gyro Flight Stabilization Controller

Thank you for the info I was thiking of adding the Flysky FS-RM003 Transmitter Module Compatible AFHDS 2A For FS-TH9X Transmitter but not sure that will give more receiver options? Still trying to learn all the new Tech since I have been out of the hobby.

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
Thank you for the info I was thiking of adding the Flysky FS-RM003 Transmitter Module Compatible AFHDS 2A For FS-TH9X Transmitter but not sure that will give more receiver options? Still trying to learn all the new Tech since I have been out of the hobby.
I use this Multiprotocol Module in my TH9X, works great.

Reactions: FDS

FDS

Elite member
I have never used telemetry, except in FPV. You need sensors for anything useful and if you are going automated then the flight controller can do most of that for you without needing extra stuff. Very few receivers include useful features like battery main voltage sensors, I use a timer for battery protection, then the ESC over discharge set up covers any temp related variation or miscalculation. Two years flying, no puffed packs, still no fixed wing telemetry in use!

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
I agree with @FDS, I see little value in telemetry with LOS flying. I can see that RSSI may be useful to find a downed plane, but that's why they make the lost plane beepers.

Reactions: FDS