Fly sky IA6B reciever not binding to FS i6

Kyle croghan

I have a fly sky iA6B receiver in a fpv drone, after a hard crash due to a esc failure i replaced the esc and went to fire it back up only to find that the receiver would not connect back to the flysky i6 remote, i believe this could be my mistake (as i am new to this hobby ) i was learning the remote and controls and i could have changed a profile or something related to the rx connection. In my attempts to reconnect this receiver i went through the profiles and the whole remote trying to get it to bind via using a bind plug and putting the remote in bind mode but the receiver was still disconnected because i saw the remote did not have a rx signal and the remote also did not bind just staying in the binding screen.

One more thing is i also did bind another ia6b receiver between the period of the drone being out of action

Does anyone know what im doing wrong and how i can fix this?

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
Look at the antenna on your Rx, they often get damaged in a crash. A damaged antenna needs to be replaced or repaired.

Kyle croghan

Look at the antenna on your Rx, they often get damaged in a crash. A damaged antenna needs to be replaced or repaired.
I have had a look at the drone antenna ( the one coming from the iA6B receiver) and everything looks fine and intact right to to the receiver box itself.

Bricks

Master member
You may want to pop the receiver covers apart and make sure it is still connected to the board.

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
I have had a look at the drone antenna ( the one coming from the iA6B receiver) and everything looks fine and intact right to to the receiver box itself.

So just to be sure we are communicating.
In the picture below, the active element, the antenna, is the white wire. It needs to be a specific length to work correctly. If the active element gets cut, just strip back some of the lead to restore the proper length. The black part, is the antenna lead, it can be any length. If there is any damage to the shielding in the lead, your range will be cut. Damage to the lead most often occurs just inside the case.

Here is a good article if you want more information.
https://oscarliang.com/repair-2-4ghz-antenna-rx/

1611797527183.jpg

Kyle croghan

I dont think the receiver itself is the problem because before i replaced the 4 in 1 esc i tested the drone after the crash to make sure things where still working apart from the esc which means it had rx connection to the remote and has been in storage before the new esc arived. But i will also pull the box off the receiver and have a look at the antenna further.

Kyle croghan

So just to be sure we are communicating.
In the picture below, the active element, the antenna, is the white wire. It needs to be a specific length to work correctly. If the active element gets cut, just strip back some of the lead to restore the proper length. The black part, is the antenna lead, it can be any length. If there is any damage to the shielding in the lead, your range will be cut. Damage to the lead most often occurs just inside the case.

Here is a good article if you want more information.
https://oscarliang.com/repair-2-4ghz-antenna-rx/

View attachment 190551
I have pulled the case off the receiver and looked at the wires and nothing seems out of the ordinary to my perspective with the solder points all connected and the antenna wires are the same length as they always are. I have also attached some photos of the receiver and the Fc board so you guys can see if anything looks wrong from soldering or anything.

Thanks for helping me.

Attachments

• 20210130_132648.jpg
    20210130_132648.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 0
  • 20210130_132743.jpg
    20210130_132743.jpg
    5.9 MB · Views: 0

Kyle croghan

You may want to pop the receiver covers apart and make sure it is still connected to the board.
I have looked at the board and nothing is broken or anything i think it might be a software problem or solder problem with my remote having the wrong setting or wires connected wrongly

Attachments

• 20210130_132648.jpg
    20210130_132648.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 0
  • 20210130_132743.jpg
    20210130_132743.jpg
    5.9 MB · Views: 0

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
I have pulled the case off the receiver and looked at the wires and nothing seems out of the ordinary to my perspective
I don’t see anything out of place. I have seen receivers become unusable in a bad crash. It’s possible your Rx is dead.

Kyle croghan

It seems you might be right because its the first time i have actually seen the receiver not work with the led light i have attached a image with the drone on and the rx led off

Attachments

• 20210130_142826.jpg
    20210130_142826.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 1

Kyle croghan

I don’t see anything out of place. I have seen receivers become unusable in a bad crash. It’s possible your Rx is dead.

How can i fix the receiver? Or is it a big job for a novice solderer? I do actually have one more fs iA6B rx that i can pull out of another thing and put it in there

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
How can i fix the receiver? Or is it a big job for a novice solderer? I do actually have one more fs iA6B rx that i can pull out of another thing and put it in there
Your RX may be beyond repair, it may need to be replaced.