flying at beaches

cornishairrc

hello all

ive been flying rc planes for about 6 years now and i love the feeling i get when i fly but i have no club for aleast 50 miles so ive had to find places my self with my first plane i can remember trying to take of from my driveway which as you can probable gess dident really work so as i live a very short walk from the beach that was what i tryed next but the thing is its allways windy but a perfect large playing field to take of land and crash werever so it was ideal but now evrytime i go to fly a croud forms around me as i fly d or go over 100mph with my edfs and its all the same old questions but ofcorce i awnser evry one and evry so often someone who flys comes down with a plane and we fly togeather its great bringing people into the hobby buy showing them what its like but theres no softness in sand if you hit it your plane will be in bits which is the only really bad downside to it.

this was my first thread on my first forum i hope i have done it right thanks from oli

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
A friend of mine is working on a trainer project. I just bought a cheap frsky 6ch radio for the trainer and I plan to take it with me most times when I go out to fly. Answering questions is cool, handing somebody a transmitter and saying "Here, try this" I hope to find is even cooler. I handed my radio to a low hours flyer today and let him fly the trainer around. Not something I would do with most of my planes ;)

Sorry- back on topic- I love beeches

RCLEE

I fly here. In the evenings its empty. 11kms of beach, hard packed sand. If there are too many people around, i have a huge field behind the beach to fly on too :D
GOPR0065.JPG

RCLEE

Hey Jim, if you're wife is from Jerez, maybe you recognise the beach above? It Tarifa just down the road. :D

ananas1301

Crazy flyer/crasher :D
Awesome region.

I think I couldn´t handle the wind though, but would love to try it out.

What to you fly with on the beach? I still have a wing here.

RCLEE

I fly my 3 helis, 450,500 and 600. My quad and my Skyfun jet. Thats a lot of fun. The pic was taken from my Tricopter. It is very rare to get a calm day there. 20mph is considered a calm day :D We just had a month of 30/50mph winds :(

ananas1301

I fly my 3 helis, 450,500 and 600. My quad and my Skyfun jet. Thats a lot of fun. The pic was taken from my Tricopter. It is very rare to get a calm day there. 20mph is considered a calm day :D We just had a month of 30/50mph winds :(

Yeah I can imagine right next/on to sea it might be a lil windy there. :)
But still for you skill level and especially your hangar that should affect it much.

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
Hey Jim, if you're wife is from Jerez, maybe you recognise the beach above? It Tarifa just down the road. :D

I've never driven down that way. The closest I've been was in a P-3 flying by Gibraltar. I lived close to the beach by Hotel Playa de la Luz.

The beaches of southern Spain were always a nice place to be. Will you be near the beach in Mexico?

ananas1301

I've never driven down that way. The closest I've been was in a P-3 flying by Gibraltar. I lived close to the beach by Hotel Playa de la Luz.

The beaches of southern Spain were always a nice place to be. Will you be near the beach in Mexico?

I HAVE BEEN IN Gibraltar once!!! Awesome rock with the monkeys living there!

Should go for a fpv flight around there. Must be awesome

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
I always heard that you never throw anything at the monkeys because they throw back and much harder without mercy. Maybe you could have your plane antagonize them instead for a clean getaway.

Or maybe I'm gonna get you hurt or in trouble or both.

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
I always heard that you never throw anything at the monkeys because they throw back and much harder without mercy. Maybe you could have your plane antagonize them instead for a clean getaway.

Or maybe I'm gonna get you hurt or in trouble or both.

Also, they throw things other than rocks... Much messier things.

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
Yuck. Yeah I always picture the moments after a terribly bad idea like that where you want to tell them you've had enough but then they don't quite yet think so.

I hadn't heard about the messier possibilities. Another reason to have a drone do the dirty work. Though the pilot would have to be quick. And maybe have an on-board smoke screen at the ready.

RCLEE

Last year before i knew anything about FPV, i saw a guy sitting in the field in front of my house with some funny looking goggles and an umbrella over his head to shade him, and funny looking antennas on tripods. Turns out he was flying to Gibraltar with his plane (20km) as the crow flys. He had a spare set of goggles and let me join him on the ride.
I had only just started my RC adventure with my 450 Heli. I knew i wanted to try this FPV thing after that day. We didn't get all the way to Gibraltar, but i had a great flight none the less. Sadly i never saw this guy again to ask him all the questions i thought of later. His record is 50KM out and back flight. I think to actually fly over gibraltar would get you in serious trouble, being a military base and a busy airport too.