Flying boat seaplane/ WIG (wing in ground effect airplane cl.C+)

leaded50

Legendary member
Russians was/are one country far in front of many technologies in aircrafts, and in GEV/WIG (ground effect vechile/ wing in ground) they are far beyond in front of any other country.
Short time ago, a few new design prototype models was shown, and one did affect me positively by its great design.

Im not planned to make a Ecronoplan who such one is called, class C is such ancraft that can fly in higher attitude than the other, ( up to 150 feet i believe?)
Im in plan for one more flying boat/seaplane! Its no plans to use, or drawings for the russian model, not even 3D view scetches, but i see that with some adjustments, as eg. longer wings, other bottom style with step, it will be a good looking modern flying boat, and when incorporate some of the WIG, it can be even more effective, with eg even faster take off/landing? And off course easy take off from grass airfields The futuristic style of joined wing looks great.
2 motors , and an EDF for pushing extra air under lower wing by lower speed is the idea. And full controll surfaces as on a normal plane (thats one thing that not typical ecronoplanes do have) to have good flying ability. Supposed size around 1000mm - 1200mm with detachable wingparts for easier transport.

my scetch:
planidea2.jpg

Last edited:

leaded50

Legendary member
Made some ideas of formers, from the pictures ive got, and well, just started building along......
Split air "exhaust" tubes done, main fastning of motor nacelles, and electronicbox. I did checked build of front of the Dornier - 26 seaplane , to easier make the frontshape, even if different measures.
This plane/WIG is quite "fat" in shape, more than most seaplanes... it will also give feeling of a lot bigger model, than it actually will be.. even if will not be any mini.. :)

DSC_0381.JPG

leaded50

Legendary member
Very cool. What 've found out from my Bixel wing and Lippisch wing is that the bigger, the better.
yeah.the bigger, more stabile!

Used soldering iron at get over all glued connetions, to smoothen all.. Bottom of fuselage isnt done yet, will do all other first, and then install the electronics before close up the belly.
Flaps on rear part of "WIG"- wing, ailerons at lower wing, and of course elevator. No rudder.

Last edited:

leaded50

Legendary member
Easy build? definitly NOT! But at least one side of both wings are ready!! :)
"horrible" to get things to fit correct, and get right incidents on both under and over wing at same time to get glued.
The WIG part of wing have one incident, the detachable outer part, and over wing another. My way to try get it be best"multiflying".
Lower wing on other side is ready and overwing cut....

I saw a post today, with remembering the easy builds, and rather enjoy that, than go all over in the build.......im guilty! :LOL:

DSC_0386.JPG

Last edited: