Flying boat seaplane/ WIG (wing in ground effect airplane cl.C+)

leaded50

Legendary member
motor pods done with "cooling ribs" in rear. Ovale shape to get more cooling from front to also ESC´s .

DSC_0390.JPG

leaded50

Legendary member
WOW! NICE BUILD!!!

Thanks! Its coming along quite good. Till now i thinks its been my most difficult build ive done, to get things right in angles at pods, wings, tail, together. Also by dont have any view from top/side where could easier find accurate measurements. And, because its planned to be a flying boat (seaplane) not just a Ekronaplan, to make adjustments on bottom on fuselage, placement of motorpods so get propellers that could get it flying, eg.
It gave much research, every picture i could find of similar Ekronaplan, and learn about seaplanes constructions of designs, to get it hopefully be as planned in behavior.

leaded50

Legendary member
Looks great! Did you wrap the wing in carbon fiber?
The overwing is wrapped with carbon vinyl 3d wrap yes, i had some laying around. . (still missing clearcoat there too though :)

Did a respray with the shadoweffect pattern wanted with another material, and a lot better now.
I cant shut bottom before got the small EDF, and its still approx 1+ week before is here.... Grrrrr.

Last edited:

leaded50

Legendary member
A beautiful build as always! Well done man! (y):D
Thanks!.... liked the style my self... and for once, a totally modern plane, since no original is buildt yet, just showed as projectmodel by the company...... now its a model more, quite similar, as a RC :LOL:

Used the engines as had... it got two 2830 1400Kv motors. For shure enough power. Build weight without battery : 1400g (approx as expected)
1300mm wingspan, 1200mm length

Last edited: