Flying Field Nicknames we probably don't want....

OliverW

Legendary member
Did you get another slick?
Same one. Still waiting on the hatch from when it exploded in September.
20190929_121950.jpg

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Yea that's the one I was talking about, the one you couldn't even recognize as a plane upon landing, the one you shared with your dad

CheckMySix

Freewing edfs are the bomb. Just bought a 8s f-22

That puppy looks sweet. So, you happy with Freewing products I take it. Been looking at them on MotionRC. They seem a little higher price point wise compared to say E-flite but the attention to detail is pretty amazing. I love warbirds and a spitfire will likely be my next purchase. I have have the E-flite F16 sitting in the workshop for about a month now. Just got back into flying after like 8 years away. Been getting confidence back with the FT simple cub...and having a blast! Think the F16 tbird will go up next week since I have 3 works off work.
Do you have any other Freewing birds?

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
My goal is to make it to Tuscon Aerobatic shootout in a few years. Gonna start competing next year in IMAC so we will maybe hopefully fulfill that dream.

Good luck with IMAC! We have a couple of guys at our field that are constantly practicing for that, and there's one guy, name of James D'Eliseo, who just does absolutely INSANE precision. I've seen him take an 80" wingspan Cub and crank it around doing 3D flight. While he's doing it, and we're just watching him make it harrier and roll with our jaws dropped, he's telling us, "Oh, yeah, I might be smoking one of the servos doing this. I mean, it's not really meant to fly like this, but hey, it's a lot of fun." LOL

I dunno if he's still competing, but if you ever see him at an IMAC event, ask him for some tips. :)

Last edited:

OliverW

Legendary member
Good luck with IMAC! We have a couple of guys at our field that are constantly practicing for that, and there's one guy, name of James D'Eliseo, who just does absolutely INSANE precision. I've seen him take an 80" wingspan Cub and crank it around doing 3D flight. While he's doing it, and we're just watching him make it harrier and roll with our jaws dropped, he's telling us, "Oh, yeah, I might be smoking one of the servos doing this. I mean, it's not really meant to fly like this, but hey, it's a lot of fun." LOL

I dunno if he's still competing, but if you ever see him at an IMAC event, ask him for some ti
I feel like we would get along great lol. I force my planes to fly 3D also. Sig four stars do awesome tail whips. Ask me how I know lol

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Shhhhh. That thing never flew. Had my dad try it and crash it. After we fixed it for the final time I held full elevon opposite of the torque and it flew for five feet then dove. CG was spot on too
Weird. Did you try giving it a little bit of a thrust angle?