Flying in Bristol CT

psychoL720

Looking for anyone in or around the Bristol CT area who is into multi-rotors or fixed wing flight. I typically fly on Sunday nights at local fields/parks, but am always willing to try out new fields. While there are some clubs in the area, I'm looking for something a little more less formal. Just some people who enjoy the hobby and dont want to do regular weekly meetings, pay dues and have to do community service to stay in a club. Reply to the thread if your in the area and we can compare notes and schedule some flight time

tyoho

A bit of a haul

Looking for anyone in or around the Bristol CT area who is into multi-rotors or fixed wing flight. I typically fly on Sunday nights at local fields/parks, but am always willing to try out new fields. While there are some clubs in the area, I'm looking for something a little more less formal. Just some people who enjoy the hobby and dont want to do regular weekly meetings, pay dues and have to do community service to stay in a club. Reply to the thread if your in the area and we can compare notes and schedule some flight time

There is a unofficial group that fly at a field in New Milford on Sunday mornings from about 6 to 10. Some of the guys are there on other days as well, but Sunday's the biggest turn-out, sometimes 20+ people and 10 or more planes in the air at once.
It is not a club and no official rules that I'm aware of, but everyone apriciates safe behavior and curtousy. I would say that at least a Park Flyer AMA card would not be a bad idea.
I put a pin on the Flitetest members map.
https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?ie=UTF&msa=0&mid=zw1zX7jEFuD4.kfwm1UAxvqok

A bit of a haul for you though, depending which side of Bristol you are on.