Flying In The Forest

Snarls

Gravity Tester
Mentor
Hey guys check out my new video flying on an abandoned trail in the woods. This was filmed at the tail end of summer, but I just got around to editing it. My radio has a range problem so that's why I'm only flying such a short stretch of trail. With my new Taranis I'm hoping to fly the entire trail in one go in the future. Let me know what you think :D

Cyberdactyl

Misfit Multirotor Monkey
Nice job editing. Don't you wish you could see as good as the video while flying? It would be heaven if I could see as good as the my Mobius' recording in that kind of environment.

Snarls

Gravity Tester
Mentor
Nice job editing. Don't you wish you could see as good as the video while flying? It would be heaven if I could see as good as the my Mobius' recording in that kind of environment.

Thanks! Yeah in the goggles I was guessing where the trail was half the time, but in the video its clear as day. Especially in an area such as the woods where everything looks the same and you have no depth perception.

Darkback2

It is a lot easier to fly in the woods in winter when all the leaves have dropped. :p Awesome flying. I still don't get how you guys do flips and rolls in such tight spaces! Personally I would have found that big rock that you flew past and crashed into it...Either that or a giant blackberry bush. I guess that is just my style?

DB

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
Great flying, Snarls. That's a sweet copter you have and nice job on the video. Is that a Yi on the front?

Cyberdactyl

Misfit Multirotor Monkey
It is a lot easier to fly in the woods in winter when all the leaves have dropped. :p Awesome flying. I still don't get how you guys do flips and rolls in such tight spaces! Personally I would have found that big rock that you flew past and crashed into it...Either that or a giant blackberry bush. I guess that is just my style?

DB

To me, winter is a sweet and sour affair in the woods. 5.8ghz reaches further with no leaves. On the other hand, twigs are next to invisible, and tend to either snag my mini or chip my props if I survive the impact and am able to keep flying. I find I have to walk or pre-fly and area somewhat slow to know the path. In the summer, it's much easier to see where I am "allowed" to fly. I notice some guys like FGA and Charpu fly more or less where they choose. But I highly suspect they spend a good amount of time replacing props.

Snarls

Gravity Tester
Mentor
Great flying, Snarls. That's a sweet copter you have and nice job on the video. Is that a Yi on the front?

Thanks cranial! Yes that is a Yi on the front. Great camera that seems to have survived the crashes I have had. The video was filmed in 1080p 60fps, but I really want to try out 2K 30fps

On the other hand, twigs are next to invisible, and tend to either snag my mini or chip my props if I survive the impact and am able to keep flying. I find I have to walk or pre-fly and area somewhat slow to know the path.

I tend to walk or pre-fly the route I want to take before I go high speed. Even so the occasional twig or plant lurks in the corner waiting to snag me. Luckily if I fly fast enough and have strong props I usually get away with just a bump.