• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

flying Kalashnikov VTOL

Hondo76251

yeah, saw that original video a few years ago. No way that's a rifle in there, or shotgun, whatever they were saying. especially with it doing VTOL maneuvers like that... and 15 min flights? c'mon... Just a concept.

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
Umm...Let me just say NO. This is what the people who are afraid of "drones" and want the FAA to lock down on us for. I don't care if it's a concept, we shouldn't be building it and telling people, "Hey, check out my flying gun!"

Yes, it's a neat concept, but a flying weapon is exactly what the small minded people are afraid of. I don't think we need to give fuel to the fire on this one.

BS projects inc.

Umm...Let me just say NO. This is what the people who are afraid of "drones" and want the FAA to lock down on us for. I don't care if it's a concept, we shouldn't be building it and telling people, "Hey, check out my flying gun!"

Yes, it's a neat concept, but a flying weapon is exactly what the small minded people are afraid of. I don't think we need to give fuel to the fire on this one.
even airsoft on drones and planes has been a touchy subject

speedbirdted

Yeah, no. Being someone who has held and fired a Kalashnikov before, they are surprisingly heavy pieces of equipment. With a full magazine they weigh about 8 pounds, and easily produce that in recoil force. A weird comparison I once heard is that if you full auto'd one at the ground, the recoil is about enough to lift itself and a squirrel. If that was a real gun in there, the second they fired it the plane would start spinning around uncontrollably.

Everyone's probably seen this video that caused quite a stir at the time. This is only firing single shots from a firearm with probably significantly less recoil than a Kalashnikov, and you can see how much the drone moves from it.

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
I thought we had made flying guns... we call it the Air force. I have heard enough concept killing machines that are QUITE possible...
I think we've seen the micro heli-drone for recon... WIth intels Swarm and a Charge aboard each to kill a person if close enough, it an unbeatable assassin. (for now)

I'll leave this work to the military minds, Let's leave it there...

I just wanna fly things the fun way...Here I thought this was gonna be a VTOL thread, for shame.

Ranger_107

I thought we had made flying guns... we call it the Air force. I have heard enough concept killing machines that are QUITE possible...
I think we've seen the micro heli-drone for recon... WIth intels Swarm and a Charge aboard each to kill a person if close enough, it an unbeatable assassin. (for now)

I'll leave this work to the military minds, Let's leave it there...

I just wanna fly things the fun way...Here I thought this was gonna be a VTOL thread, for shame.
I agree with foamy. people are scared of drones with guns because it is easier to build and fly then a fighter jet.