Flying over Cape Henlopen State Park, Lewes, Delaware

earthsciteach

I got this video from my modified Wild Hawk today. Temperature was about 70 degrees F with steady winds at 15 mph+ out of the west. I was really nervous about losing the Hawk, but the winds made for phenomenal fun! The video is a bit monotonous, as the nose of the plane begged to be pointed into the wind. I could easily hold the Hawk in place without motor. It was a different flying experience for me from this standpoint. Next time, I'll hopefully take time to do more filming than flying for fun. It is a beautiful area.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glNl4H1NPWQ

PaulT

Mentor
WAY better video than the last one you did. No need for the motion sickness pills today!!!!
Nice to see that there are places that are warm and sunny today. :D
Add some mountains, snow and rain and 60 mile per hour wind gusts and I'd swear you were flying here!!!

ananas1301

Crazy flyer/crasher :D
Yeah it really is a beautiful area! I´d love to go flying there one day.

@ PaulT: Is it really that bad in Canada? Must be pretty cool to fly in rain :D

earthsciteach

PaulT, we have had AMAZING weather for the last week! Very unseasonably warm. Temps were in the 70's yesterday in DE. I'm back in Pennsylvania now and temps are in the mid-60s, here. Somehow, decorating for Christmas in shorts seems wrong!

Are you able to fly much during the winter?

PaulT

Mentor
Today is very sunny (eye of the storm)lol. Plus 1 C, (37 deg F)
Got 100mm of rain in the last 36 hours, so although it's great weather to fly, landing in pools of standing water is not ideal. Sorry...four inches of rain...yeah that's lots....
Winter here is usually very Mediterranean with mild temperatures but....lots of rain.
In fact I live right next to a rain forrest.
I can ski in the morning and golf in the afternoon, so don't pity me too much.
I was raised on the Canadian prairies where there was 8 months of winter and 4 months of bad sledding...this is better!

Last edited:

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Don't ask me about the weather! It's 30ºC / 86ºF in the SHADE! And it's blazing hot in the sun! Computer guy like me can't look with eyes open out in the bright light outside!