Help! Flying turd?! 💩

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
A couple months ago Flitetest made a toilet fly, and they dropped some turd emojis and toilet paper out of it. It was a great episode and they had a ton of fun. But I was thinking, how cool would it be to make the turd itself fly? There is one problem - turds aren’t very aerodynamic... :LOL: So I came up with two approaches. Use a versa wing And build the turd around it. It would need twin motors, maybe two f packs. Similar to this:
48B2BA5D-B44A-4B25-AED2-78C69275BB64.jpeg

Now for idea two which seems to be the better one. Do a quadcopter style that would look something like this:
FB189D4C-B110-4B9E-85CD-F0AAC7CD6B7A.jpeg

Overall I think the quad is a better approach than the airplane, but here’s the issue. Other than my Dji Spark and a couple small indoor drones I have absolutely no experience with drones. I do have a friend who's into building fpv drones that could help me with it though. Another issue is that I really can’t spend much on this project. I know I could get the motors and esc’s for $50 but I really have no idea what the rest of the stuff I need is and how much it would cost. If it’s over $100, I just can’t do it. This is a project I would be doing at Flitefest (building the turd part beforehand) so if there are any of you quad guys who will be there and would like to help me out, that would be awesome, but note that I’ll only be there Wednesday through Friday. One must for this project is having a bomb drop on the bottom where I could drop coco puff cereal and maybe some toilet paper rolls from. If I do the versa approach I could test it at home and get it to fly beforehand but I’m just not sure if it’s feasible because of how much drag the turd would cause... Anyways this seemed like a fun and funny project that you guys might enjoy watching and helping me out on.
Thanks for reading! :poop::poop::poop:

skymaster

Elite member
A couple months ago Flitetest made a toilet fly, and they dropped some turd emojis and toilet paper out of it. It was a great episode and they had a ton of fun. But I was thinking, how cool would it be to make the turd itself fly? There is one problem - turds aren’t very aerodynamic... :LOL: So I came up with two approaches. Use a versa wing And build the turd around it. It would need twin motors, maybe two f packs. Similar to this:
View attachment 155682
Now for idea two which seems to be the better one. Do a quadcopter style that would look something like this:
View attachment 155683
Overall I think the quad is a better approach than the airplane, but here’s the issue. Other than my Dji Spark and a couple small indoor drones I have absolutely no experience with drones. I do have a friend who's into building fpv drones that could help me with it though. Another issue is that I really can’t spend much on this project. I know I could get the motors and esc’s for $50 but I really have no idea what the rest of the stuff I need is and how much it would cost. If it’s over $100, I just can’t do it. This is a project I would be doing at Flitefest (building the turd part beforehand) so if there are any of you quad guys who will be there and would like to help me out, that would be awesome, but note that I’ll only be there Wednesday through Friday. One must for this project is having a bomb drop on the bottom where I could drop coco puff cereal and maybe some toilet paper rolls from. If I do the versa approach I could test it at home and get it to fly beforehand but I’m just not sure if it’s feasible because of how much drag the turd would cause... Anyways this seemed like a fun and funny project that you guys might enjoy watching and helping me out on.
Thanks for reading! :poop::poop::poop:
OMG the crap people come out with.