Flying V

DanH80

This seems right up their alley, wonder if FT has thought about doing a true Flying V guitarplane. If they don't, I might have to.

As a part time Luthier I'd never thought to combine the two hobbies till now. The shape is a nice delta wing shape, the low aspect ratio could be tough, having the headstock canard that far out front could be interesting....but worth a go. If I build it I'd have to actually put some strings on it, tuned to an open chord, and have a dedicated servo to strum it on a low flyby.

DanH80

Awesome, I figured someone had to have done it. As far as I can tell though, it doesn't have strings and doesn't function as a guitar, so there's something I could add, haha.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I would rather own a real V to play since I cant seem to fly fixed wing to save my lardy butt.

I did however always want to have a flying RC acoustic copy of the album cover Boston used back in the 70's Or ELO's space ship cover.

Javiester

Elite member
my les paul del 69 sure it doesn't fly the same
it weighs a lot

IMG_20161225_191613.jpg

Piotrsko

Master member
Unfortunately back in the day means pre internet '80-00's. I had trusted rocketry friends that did strange possibly illegal things en masse out in the desert tell me about these.