Flysky and Turnigy compatibility?

Brianna81

I'm pretty sure these are compatible, but I've made so many assumptions so far that turned out to be wrong, I really did make a you know what out of myself, and I don't want to repeat this. Anyway, I have a flysky i6 transmitter, and have a flysky ia6b receiver that are working fine together, as they should. I'm wanting to get more receivers rather than just trade mine out between other planes. There's a 2fer offer for 2 FS brand ia6b receivers on eBay for $25, which are identical to what I have. That's about how many I'm wanting to get as well. However, I see Hobbyking has Turnigy receivers for $10 before shipping that appear to be the exact same thing, just rebranded. I don't know which one is the name brand and which one isn't, but I wanted make sure they would work. After all the bad ebay experiences some of you have seen me have, I'd rather buy from hobbyking. Putting a link below to the receiver in question. Since my FS-i6 transmitter works with my FLToys plane as long as I switch the frequency mode, I'm pretty sure the afhds part is the main thing. However, before I take the plunge, due to all of my previous mistakes, I wanted to double check with people here first. Also, I did read through previous threads, and didn't see anybody asking about this particular type of compatibility.

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-ia6-receiver-6ch-2-4g-afhds-2a-receiver.html

FDS

Elite member
They are the same, they both use AFHDS and AFHDS 2, make sure whatever you buy has the same protocol as the transmitter. The ia6 receiver you linked is AFHDS 2a.

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
@FDS is correct They are for all intents and purposes identical.

I use both SkyFly and Turnigy throughout my hangar without an issue and I also link the Turnigy transmitters with FlySky transmitters when teaching my students to fly, (Buddy Box).

Have fun!

Reactions: FDS

FastCrash45

Elite member
Any rx that is rated for AFHDS OR AFHDS 2 will work with the i6. I bought the same ones and they work fine.

Reactions: FDS

GeoffS

FWIW, the ia6b is my "go to" receiver.
Nice size for anything bigger than micro-size and with a good selection of output options.
Don't forget it also has a separate voltage monitor you can connect to the battery and get its voltage on the TX.

Steve Fox

Nice size for anything bigger than micro-size and with a good selection of output options.
Don't forget it also has a separate voltage monitor you can connect to the battery and get its voltage on the TX.

The IA6B can be modified for free to monitor battery voltage on the bind sockets positive pin, no need for any separate module.

The same can be done to the IA6 and IA10/IA10B receivers.

The IA6B is a decent rx and I use it on all my craft.

GeoffS

The IA6B can be modified for free to monitor battery voltage on the bind sockets positive pin, no need for any separate module. ...

D'oh! My bad. I meant to type "FWIW, the X6B is my "go to" receiver".

The X6B has a separate battery voltage monitor input connector:

x6b.png

bracesport

Legendary member
I love the iA6 and the iA6b - I use the iA6 for confined spaces and the iA6b for the rest - I just bought a couple of FRskyGRX8's but they have not arrived yet!