Flysky buddy box

Kbat11700

So my friend has unfortunately killed her mini scout (folded wing) without a successful flight. The airplane flew great after balancing, just couldn't take a dozen cartwheels and nosedives ;)

Anyways, to make the next plane more successful, I'd like to try and set up a buddy box. I have a flysky FS-T6 and she has a flysky fs-t4. Could we do a buddy box setup with the flysky trainer cable?

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
I have not tried the Tx’s mentioned, if they both take the same training cable, then there is a good chance it will work. Her Tx will be the master which you will want to hold, your Tx will be the slave, which you will give to her.

When I setup a buddy box, make sure both Tx’s are setup similar, servo direction, rates, expo, etc. You need to take the plane up, get trimmed out, then land and then trim the buddy box. Flick the trainer switch and adjust the trims on the slave Tx until there is no control surface movement when going from one to the other.

Kbat11700

So my FS-T6 has the ability to go into student or trainer mode, but the FS-T4 does not have that option. That's my main concern.

Kbat11700

If there is not a trainer port, hen the answer is no.

I'm saying the fs-t4 does not have a way to engage student or trainer mode like the FS-T6 does. It does have a trainer port though. I think I will go ahead and get the cable and see what happens.

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
I'm saying the fs-t4 does not have a way to engage student or trainer mode like the FS-T6 does. It does have a trainer port though. I think I will go ahead and get the cable and see what happens.
If it has a trainer port & trainer switch, it should work.

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
In the 72mhz days, none of the Tx had a trainer mode. You did not turn the student Tx on, it received power from master Tx through the trainer cord. The trainer cords all had 6-8 wires. My Flysky’s trainer cord only has 2 wires. The student Tx must supply it’s own power.

bracesport

Legendary member
exactly! - just have the correct plug at each end and a signal and a ground wire - it should be good to go with power supplied by each TX!

WM4MM

Does anyone have a wire list for the trainer port (which pin has what signal...or perhaps its serial info). What signals are involved?

messyhead

Does anyone have a wire list for the trainer port (which pin has what signal...or perhaps its serial info). What signals are involved?

I was looking for this too. I bought a s video cable, as I'd read that's what the trainer cable is. But it doesn't work. So I was going to try and sort out the wires myself.

WM4MM

Unfortunately I gave my oscilloscope away so I cant check the signals. Based on the wiring diagram that messyhead posted it must be a serial signal which is a problem for a joystick. I would have to find out what kind of protocal is used then build a circuit to decode. Its good for a buddy box though.

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
I was looking for this too. I bought a s video cable, as I'd read that's what the trainer cable is. But it doesn't work. So I was going to try and sort out the wires myself.
The wiring of a video cable is definitely wrong.
I have made about 4 of late and if you cannot work out the wiring just let me know and I will dig it out and post it for you!

Have fun!

messyhead

The wiring of a video cable is definitely wrong.
I have made about 4 of late and if you cannot work out the wiring just let me know and I will dig it out and post it for you!

Have fun!

Thanks. I've ordered a couple of connectors to solder. The diagram above seems to only need 3 wires, so I should be able to work it out.

bracesport

Legendary member
I could be wrong, but only one of the internal pins is used (signal) - but yes, it would need to be crossed over - I guess if both internal wires are in play you don't need to worry which one is correct! :D

messyhead

I could be wrong, but only one of the internal pins is used (signal) - but yes, it would need to be crossed over - I guess if both internal wires are in play you don't need to worry which one is correct! :D

I'm getting rewirable connectors so if it goes wrong, I can redo them.