zhengning95

This is my first time performing Hydrodipping on my Flysky FS-I6, which explains the poor transfer on the back of the TX.
Nonetheless, this weekend project was inspired and motivated by Fuzzy Whumpkin from this thread:https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?threads/flysky-fs-i6-custom-paint.32241/
It amazes me how it turns out by spending minimal effort in painting the cheapo transmitter,
it sure looks better now compared to before.
Whumpkin is going for the rugged military style, whereas I’m going for the sticker bomb paint scheme like whats available for the Taranis X9D

The material I used :
Samurai Paint Plastic Primer
Samurai Paint Silver
Samurai Paint Water transfer activator
Sticker bomb water transfer film
Samurai Paint 2K01A Matte Clear Top Coat

Note to self: my plan on spraying matte coating on the display backfired, and now it’s blurry : /
The blue essence on the display blend nicely with the sticker bomb design tho

Attachments

• IMG_9289.JPG
    IMG_9289.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9292.JPG
    IMG_9292.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9293.JPG
    IMG_9293.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9294.JPG
    IMG_9294.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9295.JPG
    IMG_9295.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9297.JPG
    IMG_9297.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 0

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
Got to admit it does look cool and I like the personalisation it gives the radio. Perfect for a Flysky, but I can't see the Speky boys pimping up their beloved radios.
I would try some T-cut to polish out the matt top coat on display, I have used it in the past on plastic car headlights when they start turning yellow.

zhengning95

Got to admit it does look cool and I like the personalisation it gives the radio. Perfect for a Flysky, but I can't see the Speky boys pimping up their beloved radios.
I would try some T-cut to polish out the matt top coat on display, I have used it in the past on plastic car headlights when they start turning yellow.
Thanks for the suggestion on the polish thing bro👍 I’ve tried using alcohol to remove the Matt layer, and oh boy that 2K paint sure is strong, it does nothing at all. So I move on to trying your suggestion, it improved just a little bit, but eh, still better then before. 👍👍👍
I would hesitate to pimp my radio if it is :
1. An expensive one or
2. I don’t have a back up radio or
3. It’s my first time painting

zhengning95

That's pretty cool. Now I'm watching vids on how to do that. Thanks.........
Good to hear that it motivates you! Before you paint it, MAKE sure you sand the surface with a scotch bride or abrasive side of the sponge for a better physical bond between the paint and the surface. Failure to do so will result in paint peeling the next few days.

TheFlyingBrit

Legendary member
1614282085461.png

Sadly I won't be pimping mine, as there is no point trying to improve on perfection.
But if you like a little more bling there is always
1614282225189.png