Flysky FS-i6 Custom Paint

Fuzzy Whumpkin

I repainted my FS-i6 over the weekend, and thought i'd post pics:)

I used Rustoleum flat grey primer, Rustoleum Flat Black Primer, and Rustoleum Textured somethin-r-other

012417_0279.jpg

012417_0280.jpg

012417_0281.jpg

012417_0286.jpg
the only real modification i made was to file down the power button and gorrila glue some 60-grit sandpaper to it, so i can actually move it without hooking a fingernail under the top/bottom edge - it works great!!

012417_0296.jpg
I had some stickers on it before, and thought i'd jsut leave the ones on the back and paint over them, then some came off, so i figured i'd just take 'em all off - i kinda like it :)

012417_0289_1.jpg

012417_0298_1.jpg

Well, let me know what you think or if you have any questions!!!

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I think I would like more info on that textured paint if you please. I have been thinking of dipping my Taranis to swirl it but I think I like that textured look better AND it seems like it would ease my slippery feeling issues in the process too.

Fuzzy Whumpkin

I think I would like more info on that textured paint if you please.

sure! this is the stuff i used, i just got it at walmart:
https://www.rustoleum.com/product-catalog/consumer-brands/stops-rust/multicolor-textured

AND it seems like it would ease my slippery feeling issues in the process too.

It definitely adds a grippy texture - about like a 220-grit sandpaper, but less abrasive - but it's a bit finicky and takes a while to dry, it will flatten and smooth out if you put any pressure on it before its dry, and i can't yet speak for how well it will wear, but it's worth a try ;)

AkimboGlueGuns

Biplane Guy
Mentor
Looks like it's ready for war! Do let us know how the texture lasts, it looks like it could be a more comfortable grip. I was going to try plasti-dip on the back of my taranis, but this might be a better option.

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
That looks awesome! I was also thinking of going the plasti-dip on the back but I am really digging this.

Zorglub

I'm sorry for being late to the party. I just wanted to chime in and say it looks completely amazing. Also how is the paint job holding up?

zhengning95

I repainted my FS-i6 over the weekend, and thought i'd post pics:)

I used Rustoleum flat grey primer, Rustoleum Flat Black Primer, and Rustoleum Textured somethin-r-other

View attachment 81045

View attachment 81046

View attachment 81047

View attachment 81048
the only real modification i made was to file down the power button and gorrila glue some 60-grit sandpaper to it, so i can actually move it without hooking a fingernail under the top/bottom edge - it works great!!

View attachment 81049
I had some stickers on it before, and thought i'd jsut leave the ones on the back and paint over them, then some came off, so i figured i'd just take 'em all off - i kinda like it :)

View attachment 81050

View attachment 81051

Well, let me know what you think or if you have any questions!!!

Hi Fuzzy Whumpkin! Your paint job is sick, you managed to turn a cheapo looking transmitter into a premium one!!! By the way, I`m preparing to paint mine as well, but Im having trouble removing the VRA and VRB knob and the Flysky name plate from the body, can you share with me how you remove it? I've tried using a flat head screwdriver to push the tab from inside but it looks like I have to remove the knob first, but I can't figure out a way to remove the knob .

Attachments

• IMG_9277.JPG
    IMG_9277.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 0