Flysky FS-i6 - Reciever problem with Servos - Aileron mixing channels 5 and 6

P-loco85

hi,
I just setup my servos and motor and esc for testing.

I'm having problem with connecting the ailerons

I have the left aileron hooked to channel 1. and the right on channel 6 or 5. because I dont have a y wire harness.
I thought i could join them by mixing the channels. but this didnt work.

so when i plug into receiver it immediately goes out of center and doesnt do full movements.

when I put into channel 4 then it does mix properly but the that channel is taken for the proper use of channel 4.

so is it because i dont have y harness?
is one of my settings mixed ?

what am i doing wrong...first time programming radio and rc planes.

i have a fs-ia6b reciever

Paracodespoder

Elite member
Do you have a preset mix in the tx that is called "dual ailerons" or "Dual Ail"? My dx6i does, if not I'm not sure what to do, actually, try changing the percentages of the mix from +100 to -100, or vice versa, try that with all the different mixes and let us know how it goes.

pressalltheknobs

Posted a thousand or more times
hi,

I have the left aileron hooked to channel 1. and the right on channel 6 or 5. because I dont have a y wire harness.

so when i plug into receiver it immediately goes out of center and doesnt do full movements.

when I put into channel 4 then it does mix properly but the that channel is taken for the proper use of channel 4.

Don't have a FlySky i6 handy but it's something like this...

Channel order for FlySky is AETR so CH1 is the primary Aileron channel and the left aileron servo plugs into CH1 on the receiver

Pick the channel for the 2nd aileron, say CH6 so the the right aileron servo plugs into CH6 on the receiver
Create a Mix and set the Master to CH1 and the Slave to CH6
Set the pos and neg mixes each to -100%
If the ailerons move together rather than in opposition then you can change the pos and neg to +100% or you can reverse one of the channels on the TX. Or some combination. Whichever way you do it you need to end up with the left aileron going up and the right aileron going down when you push the ail stick to the left and vice versa when you push the ail stick to the right.

Last edited:

dayve

hi,

Look under "Aux Channels" in the setup. By default, the source for channels 5 and 6 will be VrA and VrB (those two knobs in the middle). If you haven't changed that, it's likely interfering with your mix. You can set the source of those channels to "None". That totally frees them up to be used in mixes.

Bombo

Don't have a FlySky i6 handy but it's something like this...

Channel order for FlySky is AETR so CH1 is the primary Aileron channel and the left aileron servo plugs into CH1 on the receiver

Pick the channel for the 2nd aileron, say CH6 so the the right aileron servo plugs into CH6 on the receiver
Create a Mix and set the Master to CH1 and the Slave to CH6
Set the pos and neg mixes each to -100%
If the ailerons move together rather than in opposition then you can change the pos and neg to +100% or you can reverse one of the channels on the TX. Or some combination. Whichever way you do it you need to end up with the left aileron going up and the right aileron going down when you push the ail stick to the left and vice versa when you push the ail stick to the right.
Works !!!

bracesport

Legendary member
I think the i6 has a preset for ailerons - my i6s does not have any, but I thought the i6 and i6x do? Maybe someone can confirm that?

K3V0

Elite member
Hope you got it fixed but here is a shot of how I mix my ch1 and ch5 on my fs16x for ailerons. I realize the models are different but this set up should be the same
134E0178-C0D0-4206-A87E-3BB0B4F43210.jpeg

Look under "Aux Channels" in the setup. By default, the source for channels 5 and 6 will be VrA and VrB (those two knobs in the middle). If you haven't changed that, it's likely interfering with your mix. You can set the source of those channels to "None". That totally frees them up to be used in mixes.
I think this is totally right on as well!
752C9091-896A-4D6C-9C42-63BD22C7F938.jpeg

An finally here’s a link to a RcwithAdam he does a playlist of videos specifically for the flysky radios: Flysky tutorials, tips and tricks