FLYSKY FS-I6S help needed

sundown57

Legendary member
would anyone be familiar with the flysky fs i6s. Just bought one and it doesnt seem right. not sure if i need to flash the firmware or what . Also want to get info on the right cable to get for simulator, and how to add multiple protocols if i can.

Kendalf

I have the Turnigy TGY-i6S which is the identical clone. What firmware version is currently on your radio? I don't believe it is possible to add other protocols to this transmitter.

Kendalf

Okay, that is a bit behind. Here's what I have running on mine.
IMAG1378.jpg

Kendalf

Yup, learned something new about this transmitter today!
under rx/binding do you have any thing else or just rx ?
Not sure about this question. I have RX Bind in the System menu for binding, then Models, Output Mode, Sticks mode...

Attachments

• IMAG1379.jpg
    IMAG1379.jpg
    431.6 KB · Views: 0

sundown57

Legendary member
ok so that looks close to the same as mine l. but at the top i only have setup. not func / system.. maybe with an update . I bought it hoping to fly both my drones and planes , plus use it on the flite simulator. so far i havent got it to do any thing

Kendalf

What flight sim are you running? Mine came with a USB cable that allows me to plug in directly to a PC. Windows recognizes it as an HID Game Controller. Once it's plugged in, you can run the joy.exe controller program in Windows to test that the controller is detected.

sundown57

Legendary member
i dont own a windows machine , everyone in the house has macs. I found one called freerider that runs on mac. Mine came with a micro usb to usb also but my mac doesn't recognize it. from what ive been seeing i need a cable to plug into the microphone jack

buzzbomb

I know nothing!

sundown57

Legendary member
i found a program for that mac called OSX-VCP . with that installed my mac now sees my controller. I have a usb to mini usd cable and i was able to get it to work with free rider. I have also ordered the ps2 to audio jack cable. now i just need to decide on a simulator.

FDS

Elite member
Nice. Phoenix RC had the Flite Test planes in. I didn’t use a sim, as I have no computer to run it on, hopefully someone will have a few sim options for you.

sundown57

Legendary member
its funny cause when i watched the video for the SE5 it says that their sim has that exact plane in it so you can practice flying it. link below. only there is no link below and i have no clue what sim they are talking about.

FDS

Elite member
That happens in quite a few of the old videos. You need to post some pics of your SE5 fleet. I was working on the DR1 today so both are painted to the same standard.
I am thinking of making an interwar biplane like the Gloucester Gladiator next. I think you might have infected my builds with the Biplane Virus.

sundown57

Legendary member
right now my ( fleet) of planes are neatly stacked pieces if foam board. I haven't assembled any of them yet because i dont have the motor or servos. they are on order and should be here next week. my thing was if i had lots of parts for the same plane it would be faster to repair it.