flysky fs-i6x Rc battery warning

Potter

So I bought this transmitter like 6 months ago just recently ,whenever the Walmart foam plane video came out, took it out of the box and flew 3 short less then a min. each test flights for a plane and now when I turn it on says Rx battery is dead. I only had 2 lipo's so tried the other same thing. both fully charged so I bought 2 more battiers I only had 1 plug to solider tried that one it says the same thing. I did see some people had the same issue on the worst youtube video ever but didn't see a solution.

thanks brian

here's a link to that worst video ever https://binged.it/2l1Nm4G not that it's going to help

kdobson83

You said that it's reading that the rx battery is dead. Maybe it's an issue with the receiver. Do you have other receivers you can try? I have an over abundance of flysky receivers I'll sell ya for $5 a pop. They are all 6 channel. I recently switched to a dx8e and don't have much use for my flysky anymore.

dayve

So I bought this transmitter like 6 months ago just recently ,whenever the Walmart foam plane video came out, took it out of the box and flew 3 short less then a min. each test flights for a plane and now when I turn it on says Rx battery is dead. I only had 2 lipo's so tried the other same thing. both fully charged so I bought 2 more battiers I only had 1 plug to solider tried that one it says the same thing. I did see some people had the same issue on the worst youtube video ever but didn't see a solution.

thanks brian

here's a link to that worst video ever https://binged.it/2l1Nm4G not that it's going to help

Your alarm is set for a 5 cell battery. Is that what you're using? If not, that may be why the alarm is going off. Assuming the sensor is only reading the total pack voltage, even a fully charged pack with fewer cells would look like a really dead 5 cell pack.

Potter

I'm using the receiver with telemetry yes. I'm using a 3 cell battery basically I turned the low battery alarm down to like 2 volts and its fine my flight times range somewhere between 10 sec to a min and a half lol. so I can check my battery levels a lot. my longest flight min in a half ended in a tree. thanks for you help

jtrops

Which receiver are you using exactly? To the best of my knowledge the only telemetry built into flysky receivers is Rx voltage. This is a pretty useless number since it is managed voltage from the BEC. If you have battery voltage telemetry enabled in your Tx, but are receiving the 5v Rx voltage telemetry it would make sense that you are getting low voltage warnings. For battery voltage you need to either need to use a telemetry module with your Rx, or modify the existing Rx so that it sends battery voltage rather than Rx voltage.